Solved

Background color for email columns

• 11 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’ve added a new image to a column and when I change the background color the area below the image is not changing. Is this normal or is there a way to show the same color for the whole area? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by thepowerofcopy 12 November 2021, 16:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve added a new image to a column and when I change the background color the area below the image is not changing. Is this normal or is there a way to show the same color for the whole area? Thanks.

Hello, @vylla001 

You will need to upload all of the icons first before changing the background color, but make sure that they are all the same size.

I recorded a screen record for you. :)

You can find it at the following link: 

I hope it help you.

Rooting for you,
Mae

Hi! Instead of creating a new post I just add my similiar problem here, hope this is okay:

I also added (three) columns to my template. Instead of using icons of the same size I have some text in the first column and graphics in the other two columns. This leads to the problem, that there is a white space under the graphics when the text in the first column is getting too long in some webclients or when someone is zooming in the fonts. In HTML I could easily fix this by adding a bgcolor to the whole columns-container, but how could I fix this in Klaviyo?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey there @Simsen,

Thanks for posting a question here and keeping the discussion going!

In the new template editor, you can add in a section > pick your column layout > add image blocks in one column, and a text block in the other column.

Then the section can have one color (let’s use example: blue) background color added, and the image block can have a 'block' background color of white, so there can be two colors side by side.

Otherwise, in the old editor, you can use the 'add column to email' button, add 2 columns, and add a background color to the text block under Block Styles. 

Hope this helped!
Alex

Wow, thank you @alex.hong ! I have to admit that I didn’t even know that there is a new editor with much more possible configurations. So thank you very much for your help!

Simon

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Glad I could help @Simsen! I hope you explore the new editor and utilize all of its features to level up your brand and business!

Happy sending,

Alex