Solved

Creating Templates with Dynamic Content

• 19 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all hoping someone can help with a question about creating content blocks with dynamic text and why it always shows up different when I send to myself?

I am trying to create some blocks with an image directly across from live text with a table spilt 50/50 and when I preview in klaviyo it looks perfect, but when I send to my email inbox it looks completely different. I understand this may be due to the mail system used, I have tried on a couple and they both have been distorted. Does anyone know how to make sure your templates look seamless across all platforms? 

I have attached the block as seen in klaviyo and then as seen in email browser. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 21 September 2023, 21:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @charlottee

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your email displaying differently in the inbox then our template builder. As you mentioned, there could be a lot of reasons for this!

For instance, how and on what inbox you’re viewing your email comes into play, for instance Outlook and the browser version of Gmail or Outlook don’t render emails the same, additionally,  hidden inline styling could be the culprit. I’ve attached some helpful threads on the subject that might give more insight on why you’re experiencing this.

I would highly suggest using tools for email preview services like Litmus or Email on Acid. These services help you see what your emails would look like on different platforms before sending it to subscribers!

Thanks for participating int the Community!

-Taylor