Solved

Dynamic Blocks - New Editor - Woocommerce

• 7 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Klaviyo community!

I just tried to follow the instructions from the new editor updated yesterday to add dynamic blocks to a abandoned cart email: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408802597659-How-to-Build-Dynamic-Blocks-in-a-Flow-Email-new-editor-
For this, I’m using the event Started Checkout from Woocommerce as I’m using this platform.
I’m following every step from the tutorial and adapting it for Woocommerce, but when I try to preview my email, the blocks don’t display the dynamic information.
Any idea on what I’m doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Cheers,
Arnold

icon

Best answer by Dov 8 December 2021, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @ArnaudLaf,

Thank you for sharing this detailed video with us! It was helpful to see how you were going about structuring the block.

It does appear that you’re taking the general correct steps here. Make sure when you’re previewing, after the tags are placed in the block that you’re navigating back to the “Event” tab and re-selecting the “Checkout Started” metric. You will not be able to see those tags populate unless you “preview as” someone who has triggered that metric. 

If you’re still having trouble after this, the simplest solution is to use the Flow Library and select the Abandoned Cart flow. This will provide you with pre-built, fully functional flow emails including the dynamic block. You can even save the dynamic block from the Abandoned Cart flow’s pre-built template and insert it into your own flow email. Just keep in mind, this block will only work on flows triggered off of Started Checkout.

I hope that’s helpful

Badge +3

@Dov Hi I’ve had similar issues and I’ve build my email on a flow template with WooCommerce integration provided by Klaviyo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Admiral,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

The simplest solution is to use the Flow Library and select the Abandoned Cart flow. This will provide you with pre-built, fully functional flow emails including the dynamic block. You can even save the dynamic block from the Abandoned Cart flow’s pre-built template and insert it into your own flow email. Just keep in mind, this block will only work on flows triggered off of Started Checkout.

I hope that’s helpful.