Skip to main content
Solved

Email body is added to preview text add on iOS email app

• 10 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’m working on a standalone email campaign with an html email template. I created a preview text and it works perfectly on most email client. With the iOS mail app the preview text I created also includes the body email text. 

I can’t find a way to fix it, this happens across multiple iOS versions. 

Has anyone seen it and can help fix it? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @barakl 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your HTML template. I am asking an expert in HTML for help with this. However, based on some baseline knowledge I can say that each ESP displays emails slight differently making it hard to format emails to show exactly the same across all providers. I will update you as soon as possible when I have a clearer answer on how to solve this challenge!

Badge +2

Hi Barakl,

Could you please share the code with us? We would like to take a look at it to identify any issues and make the necessary corrections.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @barakl.

Thanks for sharing your question with us! I can see that you also asked your question to our Support team and have found an answer so I’ll close the loop here for anyone else experiencing this issue.

Our engineering team is aware of these issues with preview text on iOS devices, and are working on a fix for these issues!  However at this time we do not have a timeframe for when these fixes might be implemented.  

For the time being, they've advised that as workaround - updating to the latest iOS version should resolve these issues, so if you have not done so already we would recommend making sure that your iOS device is on the most recent OS version and test again once you've updated if needed!

I’ll update the thread here when an solution has been officially implented.

-Taylor