Solved

Feature Request: better auto-formatting of bullet points of copy-pasted text from Google Docs

• 1 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We draft all our emails in Google Docs and port over the content into Klaviyo’s drag-and-drop editor.

The main issue we have is with bullet points. On every single email, we need to perform these steps at least once. It’s definitely a pain and something that could be automated.

I am aware of other recommendations to clean out formatting to give yourself a clean slate, but that takes even more time, because we then need to re-create all my hyperlinks and formatting again.

It seems like Klaviyo is able to understand Google Docs formatting pretty well overall, so could we just make it automatically add the padding to bullet point lists as in the linked steps above ?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 1 September 2023, 23:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @pawpawsaregreat

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your question with us! 

Unfortunately, whenever content is brought over from a source other than Klaviyo, there is certain styling that is brought over as well. When pasting in text, our editor should allow you to Keep Text and Styles as shown below, however, the reason why Klaviyo offers and encourages the removal of formatting is because this can cause rendering issues in some major inboxes majority of the time so we want to ensure you are set up for success! 

?name=image.png

I am more than happy to put in a feature request for you at this time, however the workaround as of now to save time in your situation would be to build the email in the editor itself, and then format the bullets aesthetically the way you want so you aren’t reduplicating as much effort!

Thank you for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Thank you for the reply, Taylor! 

What does one need to do to bring up that ‘Paste and Keep Styles’ prompt? I’ve never seen it.

FWIW The reason we don’t draft our emails straight in Klaviyo is because we have multiple collaborators and reviewers, and Google Docs allows us a number of functionalities Klaviyo doesn’t have (but I don’t think Klaviyo should try and replace Google Docs!). 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @pawpawsaregreat,

I believe that prompt was taken from our classic editor. But, to paste without bringing over styles or latent formatting, I typically just use Shift + Option + Command + V if your on Mac or Ctrl + Shift + V on a PC.  

At this point, I just make it habit of pasting almost all content without formatting. 

David