Solved

GIF bar announcement in mail

• 8 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi guys,

I see more and more GIF added to the email to make a quick announcement of info about shipping.

It looks like a horizontal bar where the message moves from side to side.

Do you know which tool I can use to make that?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 December 2022, 03:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Nico01

Great question! I’ve seen this as a trend as well, happy to help!

While creating a gif within Klaviyo is not possible at this time, we encourage you to consider working with an image editor, such as Photoshop, to produce higher-resolution gifs.

Our GIF best practices article, as well as these additional articles, might be helpful in your journey to product crisp, engaging images for your customers to enjoy!

These added threads about the topic might help you gain more insight into ideas and potential troubleshooting tips you might need in the future! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

I have created a text gif in Canva for this purpose and am currently A/B testing. I do expect it to have improved resuts over the static version.

Userlevel 6
Badge +30

Canva is a great option or you if you are handy at Premiere Pro - you can create the ‘video’ of the scrolling text and then export it as a GIF in your sequence settings.

I’ve also done it in photoshop before as well but it is just a bit more clunkier looking with the scrolling effect. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Nico01

Great question! I’ve seen this as a trend as well, happy to help!

While creating a gif within Klaviyo is not possible at this time, we encourage you to consider working with an image editor, such as Photoshop, to produce higher-resolution gifs.

Our GIF best practices article, as well as these additional articles, might be helpful in your journey to product crisp, engaging images for your customers to enjoy!

These added threads about the topic might help you gain more insight into ideas and potential troubleshooting tips you might need in the future! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Thanks for the reply.

Beside PS do you now any other tool that I can use to make these?

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

I’m having FOMO here, what is this trend y’all are seeing?? I haven’t seen it yet (and I sign up for a lot of brand emails.. for market research :))

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Canva is a great option or you if you are handy at Premiere Pro - you can create the ‘video’ of the scrolling text and then export it as a GIF in your sequence settings.

I’ve also done it in photoshop before as well but it is just a bit more clunkier looking with the scrolling effect. 

Thanks for the answer.
Can you do scrolling text with Canva? I didn’t find the option in “animation” but maybe i’m not in the right place.

Userlevel 6
Badge +30

@Nico01 It is going to be that ‘Drift’ option for animation settings for text to scroll in one direction or the more custom way is creating several video ‘pages’ in your Canva design and then editing each with the frames you’ll want when exported as a GIF.