Solved

How can I allow my Users to Download Phone Background images from my Email?

• 28 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I am a photographer and want to share three of my images for my subscribers to download as phone backgrounds. I have all the files ready to go in the correct sizes for phones, however on my email, when they click on the link for their phone, it will open up the image for them to save as their background. So the question is, where do I save the image for them to open and save? I tried dropbox, but it opens up to dropbox for them to download, but I would prefer the image opens up instantly for them to save. Any suggestions on how I could do this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 28 February 2022, 17:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @bythehorns

Welcome to the Community! We are so happy you’re here! 

While the feature to download a picture from an email isn’t possible in Klaviyo, I would love to help you find a workaround to this great idea! I would suggest creating a page that hosts your images on your website that you can send users to and allow them to download. This article includes details on hosting your file and including it in the email: How to Add an Attachment to an Email.

The email will display a link that leads to the your website page that hosts the images. While the images will not be downloaded automatically upon clicking the link, since we do not offer the ability to control the download function, it will send your recipients to a place where they can download these images without downloading another app, like dropbox. Finally, I would recommend including the instructions to download the image in your email before recipients click the URL link, i.e. right-click > Save image as.

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Ok great, I will give that a go :) 

thank you!