Solved

How can I set up dynamic expiration date coupons with wordpress?

Badge +1

Any way to create dynamic coupons ( the coupon code can be email only ) in WooCommerce when someone subscribes to a list in Klaviyo.

I saw this possible for for Magento and Shopify.

Any actions in your plugin that will allows us to create a coupon code in WooCommerce or some other way when there is a successful subscription in Klaviyo.

I’m trying to test 5,7,9,11,13, 15 day coupon windows with different flows in an A/B test…

I’d like the coupon expiration to start when they subscribe or get the first welcome email…

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 19 July 2022, 17:16

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Marketingguy

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I am happy to announce that while creating dynamic coupons in Woocomerce hasn’t previously been an option due to limitations, it is on our product roadmap and closer than ever to a release date! With the release of V3 of this integration, we are able to do a lot more with the WooCommerce platform and we’re very excited at the numerous possibilities that this new API version enables our developers to expand upon! While we will update you when this feature is released, I would encourage you to look up other workarounds in the meantime, outlined by your peers in the thread below! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge

Hello,

has there been an update on this?

We’ve been asking for this feature to be implemented for years now: 

Please let us know, we would love to be able to use Klaviyo to send dynamic coupon codes to our email subscribers. WooCommerce is the most used e-commerce cart worldwide and it should have been your priority over Shopify and Magento…

For everybody else, until Klaviyo does not implement this feature, you guys can use Autonami which is very good and simple to use. Here is a guide: https://buildwoofunnels.com/woocommerce-dynamic-coupons/

Badge +3

Hi @Marketingguy & @Jack2049 

Our Klaviyo Toolkit plugin supports dynamic generation of coupon codes for Klaviyo with WooCommerce. 

You can read about how it works and how to set it up here:

https://www.madebytribe.com/how-to-dynamically-generate-single-use-coupon-codes-for-klaviyo-with-woocommerce/

Badge

Nice! So this is a new integration, right?

Before it didn’t have that feature.

I’m excited to try it!

Badge +3

@Jack2049 Yes it’s a new feature we just released today.

Badge

Hello,

any idea of when this feature will be fully integrated into Klaviyo without us having to pay $99 a year for the toolkit plugin? It’s pointless if we have to pay.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How can this thread be marked as ‘Solved’ when it is not yet available as part of the WooCommerce>Klaviyo integration?

When is this actually going to be made available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Murray Finlayson 

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to give you a little insight, we mark an answer as “solved” when we provided the correct answer at the time of the original question. As this was originally asked back in July 2022, the answer that Taylor gave was the correct answer. As things change and updates are made we do our best to make sure questions in the community are updated appropriately and we follow up when necessary. We also like when members like you to bring items back up to the front of conversations. It definitely helps to get it back on other teams radar, so thank you!

As of today, Klaviyo can't bulk create WooCommerce codes, but you should be able to from within WooComm and then upload them to Klaviyo: https://woocommerce.com/document/smart-coupons/how-to-bulk-generate-coupons/. Once they are uploaded in Klaviyo, you can then send them out via Campaigns and Flows. You can learn more about using coupon codes here: Getting started with coupon codes in Klaviyo.

This product feature is still an item on the Klaviyo roadmap but unfortunately I do not have an update on the timeline.  I am sharing your feedback with our product team and will update you here in this thread as soon as I have anything concrete to update you on!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Stephen.

I’m aware that coupons with fixed expiry dates can be used with a Woo/Klaviyo integration. It’s the ability to create dynamic expiry dates that is the important feature which is missing.

I’ve heard/read it talked about for years, but it never seems to get any closer and nobody can ever provide a timeline. Given the widespread use of WooCommerce, this is both surprising and frustrating. 🤷

I know there are some other providers now doing this as well so it surely is possible. And per BuiltWith stats, woocommerce has a slightly larger share of top sites than Shopify meaning the demand is there. When you connect woocommerce to Klaviyo it authorizes “View and manage coupons” which would be the necessary connection to do it. However, I can’t seem to figure out if this works. Does Klaviyo have an update?

Badge

Hi There @Taylor Tarpley @stephen.trumble any updates on this feature?

We are on woocommerce and need to integrate dynamic time expiry coupons into our email flows. 

Looks like there was no response from the last post on this three months ago and that this feature has received many requests and talk for the better part of two years now. Any news?

THanks.

Badge +2

@Taylor Tarpley It is really sad to see that an important feature like this takes more than 2+ years to implement, while other, much smaller companies can achieve it.

I found a 3rd party app in one of many threads about this issue: https://www.madebytribe.com/products/klaviyo-toolkit-woocommerce/

If they can achieve it, while is it so hard to implement into the native Klaviyo app? Looks like if someone is not on Shopify, they are not heard.

I don’t think we are impatient but when something urgent like this takes 2+ years and we are told that it is “very close to be implemented” I really don’t know what to say.

Thank you.

Badge

@Taylor Tarpley It is really sad to see that an important feature like this takes more than 2+ years to implement, while other, much smaller companies can achieve it.

I found a 3rd party app in one of many threads about this issue: https://www.madebytribe.com/products/klaviyo-toolkit-woocommerce/

If they can achieve it, while is it so hard to implement into the native Klaviyo app? Looks like if someone is not on Shopify, they are not heard.

I don’t think we are impatient but when something urgent like this takes 2+ years and we are told that it is “very close to be implemented” I really don’t know what to say.

Thank you.

I absolutely agree. Can’t even begin to explain how much time I’ve spent (as a busy business owner) over the past two weeks trying to figure out a workaround for this.

Also in the meantime, the latest update that I got from them 20 days ago was:
“Hey Andy! unfortunately our product team has not put this on the roadmap as of now. I will make sure to add your request into their workflow to get eyes back on this topic!”

So even though it was “on the product roadmap” a year ago according to @Taylor Tarpley , apparently that either wasn’t real or got scrapped….