Question

How can I troubleshoot missing content in Shopify notification templates exported from Klaviyo?

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello to all !
I have encountered a problem. I am now creating the templates for emails for "Shopify Notifications". For this I have always used the templates Klavyo provides and that has always worked well, but now I have to create a template for "Return Confirmation etc". And I have taken the template "Your Refund has been issued, and there I encountered the problem, because as soon as I export the template to Shopify I don't see half the template. 
I would like to know what the problem is and how to solve it, would be very grateful for any help :). 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @sndshop1

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help! 

To be clear, you didn’t see any error when you imported the Klaviyo template into Shopify and were able to create it successfully. However, when you preview it in Shopify you don’t see right variables popping up. Shopify's native notifications use these variables in the Klaviyorefund  template so these should be displaying. 

Do you mind taking the following troubleshooting steps:

• Create another refund klaviyo template and import it into Shopify again using the exact steps in this documentation 
  • Send a test email to your account to see what it looks like live in your inbox 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Hello 🙋‍♂️ Thank you for your feedback!
So when I export the template in "Order Refund" section template in Shopify, the email works smoothly, but when I try to stylise the email and then use it in "Return created" template the same error happens. The "Dynamic image" of the order is not displayed and a lot of information is missing.