Solved

How can I use a coupon code as a flow filter to find who hasn't used it?

• 23 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

We’re using WooCommerce and have a Smart Coupons plugin active in which it generates a 10% discount coupon for customers who purchase a certain product. 

This coupon is automatically applied their order confirmation email, but a lot of customers are missing the coupon. 

We’d like to create a flow in Klaviyo that does the following:

1. Triggers a ‘reminder’ email 14 days after the product has been purchased
  2. Reminds the customer of the discount code
  3. Is able to know if the customer has placed an order in the past 13 days using that discount code

The third section is where I am stuck. 

I can configure a ‘conditional split’ that can filter through customers who have placed an order for a product in the past 13 days for a specific product…

...BUT is Klaviyo able to filter through customers who have purchased using the discount code? 

Here is what I have set up:

This conditional split doesn’t specify if the order placed used the discount code, so could be sent to a customer who has used the discount code in the past 13 days. 

Any help/advice on what could be done? 

Many thanks,

Stefan

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 26 June 2023, 16:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Stefan_TheFIbreCo. 

I use this in flows (below) to check if a specific code has been redeemed. If not, they receive the email.

You’ll just need to add this to yours above as an AND and change the time period from “over all time” to 13 days and the add your code (obviously :-) Or keep the same time frame as below if the coupon is one use per customer.

When both AND conditions are met, the email gets sent. 

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge +3

Thank you for your reply @bluesnapper

I think the issue for us here is that we use a coupon generator to create unique one-off coupons for customers every time they order the product. 

For example, if I follow what you have done above, I see a large list of unique coupons that have all been generated and feature unique codes. These codes are generated daily every time a new order featuring that product comes through. 

It may be that on this occasion we can’t filter this was as it’s not one discount code, it’s multiple that are constantly being created. 

Thank you for your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Stefan_TheFIbreCo. 

OK, if you can with Smart Coupons, set your dynamic coupons to have a static prefix or suffix. For example, for some winback flows, I use the prefix MISS-YOU- with additional unique characters after that.

If you configure the above but with “Contains” = your prefix or suffix, it should work. Let me know if it does!

Regards

Andy

Badge +3

Ahh perfect, I see the option! 

I realised that they all start with ‘10%off_’ but I couldn’t see the option at the very bottom of all the generated codes to just use that prefix! 

Great, it all works, thank you for your help @bluesnapper :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem!  Yes, it’s easily missed. It would make more sense if Klaviyo allowed it to be entered on return or put “Use XXX” as the first option rather than the last. Thanks for letting me know it worked @Stefan_TheFIbreCo.