Solved

Image deliverability issues

• 15 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hey!

As an aspiring email marketer, I’m practising my template designing skills by recreating emails of another brand that I like and sending them to a hotmail and a gmail account of mine to test the deliverability.

Aside from the fact that they always land in the spam folder, I am particularly troubled with the innability of the pictures to show on the hotmail account. Even the logo! All I receive is emails with just the text parts, although the colours and the blocks of the original email are still on point. It’s like someone just removed the images… 

All I can think of is that it might be because I take these images directly from the other brand’s website without any authority to do so… 

Is that valid?

And if it is, then how does it differ from having a client give you pictures from a file of their own? Wouldn’t it be the same?

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 15 March 2023, 16:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey Basil!

What is the email domain your are sending from in Klaviyo? If you are testing your emails with your own Gmail email address to your own Gmail account, that will almost always land in spam! Ideally, if you want to test your email sends - you are deploying them from Klaviyo via a business email address.

If you just want to send yourself tests you could whitelabel the sending email address in your Gmail account to ensure it always lands in your main inbox.

And for the images issues, this is normally due to the email landing in Spam. As a safety measure, inbox providers like Gmail/Hotmail will only show the text-version of your email and not ‘download’ in the images until the recipient approves the message as not being Spam.

Here are a few more awesome posts on Spam placement as well:
https://www.klaviyo.com/blog/steps-deliverability-spam
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/12034571748251-Troubleshooting-why-emails-go-to-spam

Badge +4

Also, when I send the email on the gmail account the images appear, but, for those that don’t have a link attached to them, when I hover over them, a download button appers on the bottom right corner of the image. And if I click on the image it opens(I’m not talking about a link. I mean the image opens full screen)! As if it is not just an embeded graphic of the email. What am I doing wrong??😂

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I would recommend the following:

1. Upload the images to your own website or hosting service.
  2. Use the direct URL to the image when inserting it into your email template instead of pulling it directly from the other brand's website.
  3. Test your emails to ensure the images are displaying properly in both Gmail and Hotmail accounts.
Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Also, when I send the email on the gmail account the images appear, but, for those that don’t have a link attached to them, when I hover over them, a download button appers on the bottom right corner of the image. And if I click on the image it opens(I’m not talking about a link. I mean the image opens full screen)! As if it is not just an embeded graphic of the email. What am I doing wrong??😂

Haha, yes that can happen - you’ll want to hyperlink all images in the email to avoid that download icon appearing when hovered.