Solved

Importing Canva HTML

• 7 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Hey guys, how are you? I had a graphic designer create a full template inside of Canva for us to use in Klaviyo for emails, however, it looks like importing via HTML doesn't work properly. 

It seems as though we have to take each image inside of canva, save it and upload it separately as we like it inside of canva and then upload it as an image. We wouldn't be able to edit it inside of Klaviyo aside from adding our own links and images, so everything that was uploaded would have to be to our liking and we couldnt change it inside klaviyo

Am i missing an easier way to make this happen?

Thanks

Jordan

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 7 February 2023, 18:51

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Skimmy 

Thank you so much for asking another great question! You aren’t missing anything, what you wrote is correct. 

At this time, Klaviyo does not support the upload Canva templates. We cannot display iframe content in the emails when they are sent out. As you already are aware, you are able to export the HTML of the design from Canva, you can upload it into Klaviyo as an HTML email. Unfortunately, you will have to add a zip file that includes your attachments and reference them by their filename within your template. You can find more information on this here: Import a Custom HTML Template.

I have also submitted a request on your behalf to be able to import Canva HTML with our product team. There are have been a few people who have asked for this to be a feature as well, so hopefully it’s something we will see soon!

Badge +1

Ahhh. Ok. To be able to use canvas html right away would be insanely helpful so i appreciate you submitting that request, ive seen several people online trying to figure this out! 

Badge

Has there been any update with this? I would love to upload from Canva too!

Thank you,

George

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @georgetimberco 

Unfortunately I do not have an update on this at this time. I will share your feedback with our product team. If and when there is an update on this in the future I will update this thread to let you know!

Badge +1

Oh boy, I thought I would be able to upload the 3 templates I created in Canva.  I am not a graphic designer so being able to use Canva really helps.   Any updates on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @StaceyH

Thanks for sharing that additional feedback with us! 

As my colleague @stephen.trumble mentioned earlier, we will update this thread when there is an official update on this! 

-Taylor 

Any update? I want to use a Canva template as well

Hello! Wondering if we are able to do this yet….we make everything in cavna so it would be so helpful to be able to import to klaviyo. Thanks Isabelle 

I also use Canva to design emails and would like this feature added. Thank you!

Please add the ability to use Canva. Klaviyo is great and the ability to create emails is pretty good but let’s be honest, Klaviyo and a lot of companies can’t compete with Canva. Klaviyo would far more useful and effective if we could import Canva designs. Many small businesses already use Canva and having to recreate a flyer or post or anything in Klaviyo is very time consuming.