Solved

Issue Inserting GIF Files in Email

• 21 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I’ve been trying to insert a GIF into a custom email. When I upload the file via the add image feature, it shows as a static file and not the moving GIF. Does anyone know how to get the GIF file to display correctly in an email template? 

icon

Best answer by David To 22 October 2021, 16:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Whipnotic,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community

I would suggest double checking to make sure the GIF you are importing into your template is 5MB or less and ensure the file you are adding to your template is indeed in a .GIF format. 

I’ve also found that it sometimes helps to simply drag the .GIF file into the email template. As a refresher, you can find Klaviyo’s instructions on using GIFs and Videos within emails from the How to Embed Assets Directly in an Email Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Thank you so much for this helpful response. The file was larger than 5MB which was the issue. I was able to compress it and it worked perfectly. 

Thansk again!

Badge

Many times my gif is well under 5MB and it still won’t upload.  Any advice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @angie,

If you’re absolutely sure your GIF is under the 5MB limit, I would suggest double checking how the GIF was made and ensure it’s created and saved appropriately. My colleague, @Taylor Tarpley has offered some great resources on GIF creation in the Community posts below that you may find helpful:

David