Solved

Issue with button display with the new email Editor in Outlook

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Any one else frustrated that using HTML code for buttons in the new editor does not work for Outlook - but the classic editor works fine??!!

I get that the new editor has more functions, but if the output does not yield clean emails, then whats the point!!

PLEASE KEEP THE CLASSIC EMAIL BUILDER

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 15 March 2023, 15:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @James C 

I’m so sorry you are feeling frustrated with the new editor. You are right especially with Outlook that it can be very frustrating to spend your time custom coding an email just to see if render incorrectly once it lands in their inbox. 

While some versions of Outlook use Webkit (a modern browser engine that interprets and renders HTML in expected ways) to display emails, many others use Microsoft Word as a rendering engine. Consider the last time you tried to make edits to a table or resize an image in Microsoft Word. The formatting challenges you face when using Word are similar to the challenges faced by emails in Outlook inboxes. Because of this, an email may look slightly different in Outlook than when you initially design and preview in Klaviyo.

If you choose to optimize your emails for Outlook, we recommend using a tool like Litmus or Email on Acid to test your messages on various devices and inboxes.

Aside from sharing your feedback with our product team, I would love to see if there is another solution that might help you with your HTML button. Would you mind sharing more information on what your challenges are so I can try to help find a better solution for you?