Solved

Make dynamic product image full width?

• 18 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Like the title says, we’re pulling in product images from shopify for abandoned cart emails, but the dynamic product block seems to be capping the width at 333px, regardless of the “max width” setting. the images it’s pulling from shopify are 1000x1300 (so taller than wide) and we need them to display full or close to full width.

any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 19 January 2023, 21:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @astrother and welcome to the Community!

At this time, there is unfortunately no supported way of manually bypassing the max image width and height, especially since you’re pulling in images from Shopify so you wouldn’t be able to resize your image manually. However, I will be happy to submit a product request on your behalf, as I agree this would be a useful feature.

One adjacent piece of advice that you might find helpful is that there are third-party tools available to test how your emails will appear in different inbox providers, like Litmus and Email on Acid. Since different email providers will format emails differently, this can be useful to see how your images will actually appear in your customer’s inbox.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @astrother and welcome to the Community!

At this time, there is unfortunately no supported way of manually bypassing the max image width and height, especially since you’re pulling in images from Shopify so you wouldn’t be able to resize your image manually. However, I will be happy to submit a product request on your behalf, as I agree this would be a useful feature.

One adjacent piece of advice that you might find helpful is that there are third-party tools available to test how your emails will appear in different inbox providers, like Litmus and Email on Acid. Since different email providers will format emails differently, this can be useful to see how your images will actually appear in your customer’s inbox.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Thanks Brian. I guess it’s just confusing because the image asset being pulled in from Shopify has a width of 1000px, but Klaviyo is limiting it to 333px within the email itself, effectively ignoring the size of the original asset as well as ignoring the max width setting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @astrother,

That’s a good point - I’ll definitely emphasize that in the Product Request. Thanks so much for the valuable feedback!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi everyone, hi @Brian Turcotte 

I am facing the same problem. It would be amazing to have the max width setting functioning for dynamic product block in the abandoned cart email.

Warmly,

B.

Badge

I also face the same problem, which renders the dynamic product block unusable. Is there an ETA for a fix?

I am adding products in manually, though it would make it faster to be able to use the product blocks.

It would also be good to add more than one image per product via the feed, and then we can pick which image to use in the product block.

Thanks

Jodie

Badge +1

I am also having an issue with this. And I believe this is something I was able to do before (have the image pull in at a larger size). Please fix!