Solved

New Editor: Remove Spacing in Header/Link Bar on Mobile

• 23 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello, what I'm trying to achieve is simple: have multiple images side by side with zero spacing between them on mobile.

Link/button spacing is set to manual, and spacing amount is set to 0px. Works on desktop version, not on mobile. Changing the max width manually does not work. Spacing persists no matter the size of the images used. How can I get this working?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 28 December 2021, 19:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @dcmaia,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your question here regarding the new editor!

Sorry to hear you have been running into issues using the new template editor. A workaround that customers have found for this issue on mobile was to Add Columns to Email, select the option for two, and drag image blocks under each column. More info regarding Columns in our new editor can be found here.

Try and working with that option for now but let me know if that did not help and I will find another solution for you.

Thanks!
Alex

Badge +3

Hi @dcmaia,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your question here regarding the new editor!

Sorry to hear you have been running into issues using the new template editor. A workaround that customers have found for this issue on mobile was to Add Columns to Email, select the option for two, and drag image blocks under each column. More info regarding Columns in our new editor can be found here.

Try and working with that option for now but let me know if that did not help and I will find another solution for you.

Thanks!
Alex

Hey Alex, thanks for the suggestion. It could work if all my 4 columns were of equal width, which they aren't. Is there a way to specify a fixed width for each column with no spacing in between?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @dcmaia,

In this case, I would then recommend you use a Table block for the columns to put images in.

Table blocks can help you structure images and text within an email template. The table block gives you the flexibility to add as many columns or rows as you'd like (which will autospace themselves, or you can set a width in the Width setting of the Columns tab). 

Hope this helped!
Alex

Badge +3

Hey there @dcmaia,

In this case, I would then recommend you use a Table block for the columns to put images in.

Table blocks can help you structure images and text within an email template. The table block gives you the flexibility to add as many columns or rows as you'd like (which will autospace themselves, or you can set a width in the Width setting of the Columns tab). 

Hope this helped!
Alex

Ah, that's what I'm looking for. Worked beautifully. About to use tables for everything from now on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Great to hear @dcmaia! Glad you found it useful :)

Happy New Year!
Alex