New Klaviyo Template Builder?

• 28 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

This is going to be a very short rant. 

Can’t Klaviyo afford QA professionals (if any) to thoroughly test out new features and/or products before launching?

Why is the new Klaviyo Template builder is almost as bad as the old one in terms of bugs/usability/user experience?

I’ve spent numerous hours building new templates back and forth and most of the time I just stick with the Plain Text editor, because both template editors either don’t work as intended or you have to find a workaround just to perform simple edits. 

Just recently I’ve switched to the new template editor. It’s ain’t bad, it does work better than the old one, but the bugs/glitches… Sometimes the “duplicate” button doesn’t show up, sometimes when you make one block for desktop, one for mobile, it still shows the same block twice (ignoring your settings), and so on and on… 

I could name at least 10 different situations when the template editor malfunctioned. 

Given the fact that I currently own close to 100 different emails on three different projects, it’s starting to irritate me to the point where I’ll just stop using Klaviyo editors and fully switch to plain text editor (which also has some flaws) or some other builder. 

/end of rant

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @moodxmanager,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community. 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the classic and new editor. Although I am also glad you found use of the plaintext editor in the meantime. The respective templates team is actively working on improving the platforms and appreciates any feedback that comes their way.

With that being said, do you mind sharing a few things where you ran into issues? Sometimes, other customers run into these problems and we have posts on the Community regarding these issues and how to workaround them. However, other times it might just be user error which we can also troubleshoot here and with the Support team.

Thanks,
Alex

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Let’s connect via email and I’ll share with you some of the issues I’m having.

For the sake of clarity - Chrome is up to date, cache is cleared and there’s a small chance that it’s my hardware or software problem (working on two different macs and these issues can be replicated on both of them).

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @moodxmanager,

Since the Community forum is a space for Klaviyo Customers, partners, and other users to network and learn from one another your feedback may be best suited shared with our product team if not voiced here.

I would also encourage you to share this feedback within the new template editor itself too! You can do so by clicking the “?” icon on the bottom right when using the new editor and clicking on the Submit Feedbacks option. Comments and suggestions submitted through there are shared with our Product Team directly! 

Thanks and have a good day,

Alex 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Great, I’ll make sure to submit feedback via template itself.

Is there any chance you’ll be updating/fixing the old template builder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @moodxmanager,

In terms of specific updates/ fixes to the classic editor, I do not have any insight on that right now. However, I do know our templates team is always monitoring the feedback they hear (from form responses or Support tickets) to ensure they can update the respective trouble areas.

Thanks for your understanding and have a great day,

Alex