Solved

Product Block pointing to shopify store and not headless store

• 13 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi team @ Klaviyo,

I have a created a template using the Product Block. The products are coming through but because I am using a shopify headless, each product is linking directly to the shopify store and not the headless organization URL set in settings. I can create a dynamic table block and set the link to the organization URL there but it doesn’t seem possible using the Product Block. Is it possible using your editor?

Cheers,

Chris

icon

Best answer by ChrisTough 16 January 2023, 12:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @ChrisTough ,

Welcome to the Community. I see that you stated you are on a "headless Shopify integration". 
If that is the case and you don't wish to have the integration installed, you would need to create a Custom Catalog in order to create a Product Feed. After creating the catalog you should be able to use Klaviyo’s Product RecommendationProduct Block, and Catalog Lookup Tag features. To learn how to learn how to sync a custom catalog feed to Klaviyo, please refer to our Developer Guide here.

Make sure to create a Custom Catalog. As you read the attached documentation, a few things of note:

• The first step is to sync your custom catalog to Klaviyo; you will be asked to specify a URL to fetch products from. This custom catalog feed must be either an XML or JSON feed, and we only accept data 1 node deep (unless the feed is hosted by Google Merchant Feeds).
  • There are certain required fields for each catalog item, as well as some optional but recommended fields, so you can maximize the use of your catalog in Klaviyo.
  • Our current default item limit for a custom feed is 25K items - if your catalog contains more than 25K items, let us know what the maximum count is before adding the feed to the account and we will raise this limit for you.
  • Once you have your product catalog synced, I will need to complete one final step on my end before you can set up a Product Feed using this new source.

You can also take a look at these helpful documentations:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Alex,

Thanks for you reply! Fortunately I found out that you can update your Shopify catalog URLs by contacting Klaviyo support. 
https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/v1-2/docs/integrate-with-a-shopify-hydrogen-store

If this doesn’t work, I’ll take a deeper look into your post. Appreciate the help ✌