Solved

Rename universal content?

• 24 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hey - just tiding up our universal content. Does anyone know if/where I can rename them?!

icon

Best answer by Adam Ragsdale 25 January 2024, 02:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @OliviaC - thanks for your question. 

I don’t believe it is possible to rename a piece of Universal Content that was previously inserted into any email templates. Below is a potential solution: 

1. Drag your intended Universal Content block into a template within the editor.
  2. Click “Unlink and Edit Independently” in the block sidebar.
  3. Click the star icon beside the newly inserted and unlinked block in the template. 
  4. Rename the new Universal Content block.

This will not rename the previous Universal Content blocks that were previously inserted into any emails, but it WILL enable you to create a duplicate Universal Content block with a new name that you can use to replace the previous block. 

I hope that helps! Please reach out to the community if you have more questions. ​

Badge +6

I thought that was the case, thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

renaming universal blocks would be a great feature! Is there a way to submit it as a feature request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@KaseyLuck I second that, this would be a great option. Either renaming it within the Template Editor, or renaming it in the Content → Template → Universal Content library would be great!

Tagging @Taylor Tarpley to help submit “renaming Universal Content Blocks” to the Klaviyo Product Team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @KaseyLuck and @retention

I have logged both your feature requests with the product team! I got you covered💪🏻

-Taylor 

This is embarrassing no? Combined with the fact that you have to edit from a campaign setup, I can’t understand why this is implemented like this.