Solved

Updating Coupon Code Question

• 17 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

I am looking at extending my welcome series and as part of that process wanted to adjust the validity time of the coupon code (Shopify) that I am using. When I went to adjust the length in Klaviyo I got the following message..

I am confused by the part that reads ‘you will need to create new codes for the updated coupon’. I set this up quite some time ago so have forgotten a lot of what I had learned in this regard. I thought the coupons were automatically generated?

Can someone please clarify? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 17 February 2021, 10:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Scott S 

Yes the coupons were automatic, what they are saying is that this dynamic coupon code that you already have was sent to 91 people for which is still active but they haven’t used it. And if you change some setting on this code it may break the code that they already received.

So what I would suggest is simply creating new code and changing this code in the emails. This way you will make sure those people that previously got the old code can still use it, and you will have new code as you wanted it to be now.

This shouldn’t make any problems since your customers don’t see the code as you named it anyway but they see random number/letter code.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Bobi. I appreciate it.