Solved

Why am i getting a syntax error when uploading my Klaviyo order confirmation template into Shopify?

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello-

I am using the shopify template for order confirmation VERBATIM except for a different image. No matter what I do, I get a “syntax error” problem and I cannot identify what the part of the syntax it is. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 March 2023, 18:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @buybonks

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

To gain more clarity on what might be happening here, do you mind sharing some more details? For instance, to confirm, are you uploading a Klaviyo Shopify template into Shopify and are seeing these errors? If so, I saw you commented on a similar thread, which states that the Klaviyo-made template imported to Shopify is designed to be pasted “as is” without any alternations to the email. So likely the issue is the different image you are inserting into the template as any alternations to the content of the template could result in this error or another syntax-related error. 

However, I would take my colleagues advice and check the source code of your image and for every open {% if ...} statement, ensure there is also a closed {% endif %} tag associated with it. Klaviyo also offers a great troubleshooting guide regarding this error  which you can reference to further assist you in alleviating this issue.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor