Solved

Why are my stacked border sections creating a heavier border than I want?

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I would like to build an email with framed visuals with black borders.
When I apply borders to the elements, the blocks go under each other creating a double line of 2px.
Is it possible to avoid this and have two blocks one below the other with a single 1px border please?
I tried to apply a border to the section and not to all the blocks to avoid this problem but this creates a double border too.

Thanks for your help,
Have a nice day

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 May 2023, 22:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @LucieLct

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your question with us regarding your template issue! 

It is not normal behavior for a template to double the border weight when they are stacked on top of each other. Were you able to replicate this in other templates you have? I tested it myself and was not able to achieve the same display issue. I’m curious to know if this template cloned from a previous one in your account? There are two potential workflows to I’d recommend testing to fix this issue:

• Cloning these blocks in your account and recreating them in a net new template
  • Adding a ‘border’ block into your template to act as a border between your sections

Please let me know if either of those options fix the display issue you’re experiencing! 

Thanks for partipcating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Thanks a lot @Taylor Tarpley!

The solution of adding a border block is the best.

Thank you again