Welcome and Nice to Meet You!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Community friends!

Welcome to the beta of our Klaviyo Community Forum. We can't wait to learn more about you and your business. To kick things off, let’s share some proper introductions.

• What's your name? 
  • What are you most passionate about?
  • Where do you work and what is your role?
  • What’s one thing you love most about your company?

We’re stoked to have you here with us, and we’re looking forward to building an incredible community with you.

156 replies

Badge +3

Hello Klaviyo Community Friends,

Welcome to the world of email marketing! My name is Sakinah, and I am a Senior Product Expert here at Klaviyo. My specialties are account cancellations, billing, account updates, logins, Salesforce, Magento 2, and Delivery & Compliance. 

With over twenty years of technology experience, I bring to the table a vast amount of knowledge to help you - the Klaviyo client. 

We are excited to have you as part of our Klaviyo community, and we look forward to building strong ties with your business. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dan and I am very passionate about design, photography and cars!

I am a Director of a family-run Home Textile business which has been trading since 1846. 

I love developing new products for the home, we are innovative in the search for the latest trend, or finding new fibres that help benefit the world by being environmentally friendly or well being for us such as at the moment we are into Silver technology into yarns to help antibacterial qualities in products.

Very excited about Klaviyo, such a genius program and community, we have been using since late November and that instant feel of doing something right came straight away and was such an awesome feel good factor.

Many thanks

Dan

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@dan deyong Hi Dan, thanks for sharing your industry background and for being a part of the Klaviyo Community! We’re thrilled to have you here. Really cool to hear that your family-run business has been operating since 1846, but you’re already doing so much to innovate while keeping consumers ideals of environmentally friendly resources top of mind. We’re excited to hear that you’re already seeing value by using the Klaviyo platform, and we look forward to hearing more about your successes, tests, and/or strategies in the Community forum! 

Cheers!
-Cass.

Badge +1

Hey Everyone we are Defined Creations and my name is Stewart I am the owner and the thing I love most about my company is there is room for expansion. I absolutely love being outdoors, physical activities and learning new things. Seeing that we are headed into this new wave of technology I would like to dive right in. It’s not easy, I know, but you have to start somewhere. So this is my Brand/Logo and if you ever get the chance stop by read our ‘about’ page and see what we’re all about!  

Badge +1

Hi everyone! My name is Amber and I am the Digital Marketing Manager at Zootility in Portland, Maine. 

I am most passionate about going to the beach in the summer, skiing in the winter and spending time with my family. I live just two miles from the beach in Scarborough.

The thing I love most about working at Zootility is having the ability to be creative and share my thoughts and ideas and not feel judged at all. It really is a great company and I happen to LOVE the products we sell.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Amber @zootilitytools - welcome to the Klaviyo Community forum, and thanks so much for telling us a little more about you! We’re thrilled to have you here with us, and we’re looking forward to hearing more about your own experiences as a Digital Marketing Manager for Zootility (the super thin pocket knife and the wildcard pocket tool are both very cool designs!). 

Also, super neat that you’re right on the beach in Scarborough! My family used to own a restaurant in Sanford, ME and we would go to Portland all the time. 

Looking forward to seeing you around in the threads here and have a great weekend, 
-Cass. 

Badge +3

Hey Community, Pleasure to meet everyone here..

• What's your name?
    • Sebastian, you may call me Seb :)
    • I love to engage and make friends. Learn and try new skills, and love to cook. Also, from my busy schedule I always make some time to play volleyball.
  • Where do you work and what is your role?
    • Working for a private company in Dubai as Digital Marketing manager, responsible for the revenue. We are into distribution of watches.
    • Customer focused

Cheers,

Seb

Badge +5

Hello everyone,

I’m Danny Welsh. I’m co-founder and marketing director for a couple jewelry ecommerce brands that use Shopify and are dipping our toes into the Klaviyo waters after a lot of email marketing disappointments.

I’m passionate about persuasion. It’s one of my favorite things in the world, and I love that you get to make money doing it-- and feel good, too, if you truly have a conviction that your customers are better off with your product or service than the cash they exchange to get it.

Badge +4

Hi Everyone!

My name is Denise Butalid and I am the Sr. Email + SMS Marketing Manager for Ecom Department—a one-stop shop for everything, well….ecommerce! We are a small crew that prides ourselves on the strength of our client relationships and a well-placed GIF reply on our internal Slack channel. I, personally, love collaborating with my super nice/extremely knowledgeable team members and seeing the visible impacts we make across all channels. 

I’m passionate about problem solving and coming up with creative solutions. I also love to look at code and get excited when I figure out what it all means! I’m currently taking classes to learn more.

Outside of work, I’m really into making music playlists and going to live shows (oh how I miss them), watching F1 racing and spending time with my kids. Right now, the whole family’s into playing Cuphead on the Switch.

It’s a pleasure to take part in this community forum and *THANK YOU Cassy* for the welcome icebreaker. I’m excited to learn more from everyone here. Talk soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi marketers!

I’m Paul, from Timisoara, Romania (yes, where Dracula and Nadia Comaneci were born :smile: ).

I’m passionate about animals, especially dogs. Growing up, I spent most of my vacations at my grandparents where I discovered what hard work is and that I liked animals more than people (I probably still do).

Currently, I work at Ecomitize as a Project Manager aka Miracle Worker.
We help businesses of all sizes achieve their goals through our outside-the-box approach and we recently joined the Gold Master fellowship of the ring.

The team I’m part of is called Managed Services, where we work with you to learn the ins and outs of your business to be able to understand your needs, wants, even those “nice-to-haves” and embrace every crazy idea to turn it into something feasible, it’s how we got to Klaviyo in the first place.

Looking forward to meeting more of you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello Klaviyo community,

I am French/Moroccan with a beautiful life is salt lake city. I am a graphic designer who is eager to understand all sorts of things...very vague.

I guess I am learning  this tool on the fly.

I apologize in advance for the questions that I am going to ask.

Thx everyone

Badge +4

Hi, I’m Leslie. I’m an American living in France with my French husband, Weimaraners, and rescue cats. (Cassie is that Weim or a Visla? The lighting is a bit yellow so I can’t quite tell if the coat color is true.) I’m a photographer and designer and passionately collect vintage French ephemera.

I have a Shopify store selling digital graphics. I work from my home studio which I love. I’m pretty much a one person shop, but I do get some contractor work help with production and Shopify. I love seeing how my customers use my graphics. Their creativity always delights and surprises.

I’m new to Klaviyo, just getting set up, but I’m already feeling really psyched. I’ve been doing newsletters for 10 years with another big company and I always felt intimidated by analytics, segmenting, etc. I never felt like I really understood how things worked. With Klaviyo, just from signing up and getting so much helpful information in the welcome emails and watching some webinars, I’m already thinking “I can do this!”. Here’s to learning, growing, connecting, and prospering!

Badge +2

Hi I am new to this platform.

My name is Kathrin and I am most passionate about my business.

I make healthy desserts plant-based, low-carb no added sugar and they are also gluten-free. 

during the pandemic we had to pivot and this is my new baby Planet Bake!

Happy to learn more about this platform from you all. :)

Cheers!

Badge +2
  • What's your name? 
    • Lawrence
    • Cooking over a wood fire burnt down to embers, a Fire of Coals.  Where do you work and what is your role?
    • I love that our business was founded on long-standing traditions of BBQ gatherings on my grandfather’s farm in the Carolina Low Country.
    • I also love that we use a portion of our sales revenue to donate to outdoor conservation non-profits fighting to protect wild places and wildlife for the next generation to enjoy.
    • I am looking forward to learning how to use Klaviyo to better reach and connect to other outdoor cooks with passion.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Leslie Nicole - we’re so thrilled to have you as a part of our Klaviyo Community! Thanks for sharing a little more about your business! I’d love to see your work if you’re open to sharing a link to your store. I’m so glad to hear that your experience on Klaviyo so far has been empowering - we’re excited to continue to build out great resources for our customers and I’m certain through this Community forum, you’ll be supported by brand builders and Klaviyo experts from across the world who have learned from one another. 

Cheers to you! 
-Cass. 
p.s. Boomer is a vizsla but we’re also biiiiig fans of weimaraners too! They have such stunning eyes and are so agile. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@fireofcoals Hi Lawrence, It’s so great to meet you, and thanks for being a part of our Klaviyo Community. I always love a good origin story, and it sounds like Fire of Coals was born from a lot of history throughout the years! In particular, I love that you share your recipes on your site, which brings the feeling of togetherness all the more closer (and isn’t that what a good BBQ is all about?). 
Thanks for sharing more about you and your business, and we’re looking forward to hearing more about your business growth and learnings through Klaviyo in the threads! 

All the best, 
-Cass. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Denise @denise.b! Sorry for the delay in responding back but thanks SO much for your introduction! It’s so great to learn more about you and Ecom Department - a well-placed GIF tells a lot about a person, in my opinion! 
I’m thrilled to hear that you’re learning to code and hope we have the opportunity to see all that you’ve learned as it applies to Klaviyo! Definitely don’t hesitate to share some of your learnings in our Marketing and Sales forum topic as you grow. We’d love to follow along the journey. 

It’s so great to learn more about you, and I look forward to seeing your thoughtful feedback in the threads here. It sounds like you and the team at Ecom Department have a lot of experience to bring to the table! 

Cheers, 
-Cass. 
p.s. Love playing Cuphead! Although, I have been stuck on the Cagney Carnation boss for literally 2 years :joy:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi everyone

My name is Bhaskar and I have been lurking quite a lot: this is my first post. 

I live in the crazy bustling city of Bombay (aka Mumbai) in India, and share my living space with three cats that go by Rory. Amy and Clara (give me a shoutout if you are a Whovian).

Rory loves to take up all the space on my table

I am passionate about a whole lot of things, like

• traveling and hiking (looking forward to making up for 2020’s missed trips)
  • history, especially military history
  • understanding why people buy a particular product (or idea)

I love writing (you can see some of my email focused posts here), but I am even more partial to using memes to illustrate complex concepts while keeping it light and fun. :sunglasses:

My take on some ecommerce brands and their always on promotional emails that don’t establish connection and trust with the customer (Instagram)

I am a Klaviyo Silver partner and a one-man band at Pixels and Clicks and I work with small and mid-level DTC/eCommerce brands to:

• Work out an email strategy that keeps in mind the brand story, the industry dynamics, and most importantly, consumer needs ( I use jobs-to-be-done framework for this)
  • Set up the important email flows that your store needs, write the copy and run A/B tests
  • Also work on different campaigns
  • Run regular reporting and analytics so that performance can be improved.

While I am a power Canva user and experienced in conversion centered design, I prefer to leave the design part of emails with people who are much better at that job than me.

When in doubt, embrace flows over campaigns. Automated flows are a money spinner (check out this post based on Klaviypo data)

I prefer working with clients for at least a few months as an integral part of their team so that I can understand their business, their customers and the market. 

I am proficient at research, and there’s no topic that I can’t break down: I started my career as a B2B copywriter working to make high tech companies sound more business friendly on the internet. 

I have also launched brands, designed sites and landing pages and can give you deep insights on how to optimize your landing pages, sign up forms or checkout for a higher conversion rate

I am looking forward to helping brands realize the crazy profit potential of email, so that they don’t have to depend on capricious social media or search algorithms for their revenue. 

If there’s any way I can help you or if you just want to chat, please drop me a message ( I also hang out a lot on Twitter)

You are my people :laughing:

Bhaskar

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Cassy, Hi Klaviyo’s Community!

Benjamin here from South Of France. I’m a Geek, Mountain lover, Sailor, Entrepreneur, Iconoclast, Passionate.

I followed my own path until I was 32, passionate about the mountains and climbing then the sea and travel, fascinated by aviation. I bought a sailboat at 23 and crossed the Atlantic alone, I made it my job, I have always found a use for my curiosity for computers in all the adventures that it has been to me given to live.

During the pandemic, I get back on new IT project with my old company and friend Cédric TASSAN founder of www.vtopo.fr, first with Mailchimp but when I discovered Klaviyo we was amazed by all the possibility who was offer to us ! And I create my own company, get quickly new customers and enjoy my new life as one of the rare Klaviyo Master Partner in France :-)

I love to see the face of my clients when they attempt their first GROWTH Review Meeting at week 6 of my onboarding process… between 20% and 30% of revenue attribution from what we do for us, so quickly, AMAZING!

Love you all!

Hello and thanks for accepting me into the group.

Our small company was a bricks and mortar family business (Health Store) run by my wife and I before the covid situation changed the world.

We have now closed our shop for good back in Sept 2020 and converted to online only. We sell vitamins, minerals, herbal and beauty products via our woocommerce store.

This has been a huge change around in the way that we operate and are finding it difficult to generate quality web traffic here in the UK.

I had known of mailchimp but Klaviyo seems to be more effective by reading the info online. Would anyone consider being a kind of mentor to us to help re-grow?

Thank you

Darren

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Darren @hannahs-puresupplements

Thanks so much for joining the Klaviyo Community, and for sharing more about you and your wife’s journey with Hannah’s Pure Supplements. We’ve heard a lot of stories over the past year about businesses pivoting from brick and mortar to online due to the pandemic, and I can’t imagine how that change has impacted the way you have to operate.

There are many folks in the Community that have experienced similar scenarios, and I’m sure that if you posted a Conversation thread (I’d recommend a Conversation instead of a Question, unless it is more Klaviyo specific) with some general questions/advice you might be looking for, other Community members can chime in with some suggestions. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you about Hannah’s Pure Supplements in this forum, and hoping we can all share some guidance around running a business during such a difficult time. 

Kind regards,
-Cass.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Benjamin at GROWTH Croissance

WOW! Thanks so much for being a part of our Community, and sharing so many of the neat accomplishments you’ve made throughout your life. Traveling across the Atlantic alone is quite a remarkable feat! 

We’re thrilled to have a Master Partner from France join us in the Community, and I’m looking forward to our members learning more from you and your strategies with driving revenue attribution! 

Cheers,
-Cass.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hey Bhaskar @bhas

Thanks for sharing such a fun intro - your meme game is strong :ok_hand: :joy: and your kitties are perfect (what are your bets for the 14th Doctor?). 

I’m really happy that you introduced yourself to the Community (after some time lurking!), and I’m looking forward to seeing you pop in on some posts if you have any strategies/tips to share with others here. It sounds like you have lots of experience, and might be able to share more on doubling down with Flows!

Also, the accuracy of the Batman meme – of course, while I don’t condone violence of any kind...your point on promotions that don’t establish trust or connection is a good one! We actually have a course around The Psychology of Coupons in our Academy that goes over some of the best practices of using coupons throughout the customer lifecycle. 

Thanks for the intro, the laughs, and a perfectly executed Drake meme. Hope to see you in other threads soon! 
-Cass. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

what are your bets for the 14th Doctor?

If I am being honest, I haven’t followed Doctor Who much after Capaldi’s penultimate season. After the magnum opus that was Hell Bent, I struggled to follow the subsequent episodes and a few from Jodie Whittaker’s run, but I was not able to jive with her.

I would love to see Idris Elba as the Doctor, but that’s a pipe dream.

I am very thankful for the community discussions, because I am learning a lot about the ins and outs of the platform, and I really want to let you know that you guys have been awesome with partner enablement and support in the context of valuable content that you have provided in the portal. 

I will definitely check out that course- always love ready about behavioral psychology. 

I will be sure to pop in on other threads too.

Badge +3

Howdy :cowboy: ! My name is Stephanie. It’s rad to be here. :metal:

I am the CRM & Retention Marketer for Avocado Mattress, an organic and sustainable mattress company from LA. :avocado: No, our mattresses are not made from Avocados. lol 

I’m most passionate about music. Any Poly-Ritmo or Turkish funk fans here? I also enjoy the outdoors and hiking. My favorite place is in Big Bend National Park. Also, I’m a big foodie. I’m always looking for a hole-in-the-wall spot in my town. This year, I’ve spent a lot of time “traveling the world” via my kitchen since the pandemic started.

Happy to be a part of the community!