Solved

Changed Shopify Primary Domain - Tracking seems off now

• 16 February 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

We switched the shopify primary domain couple days ago and while we see klaviyo activity and events, we’re down over 50% from before the switch. We’ve added the domain verification to the DNS of the new domain. Re-added the klaviyo connection in shopify.

Is there anything else we need to do to get tracking fully operational with the new domain name?

icon

Best answer by David To 17 February 2022, 17:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @James2022,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I think it would help the Community understand your situation more if you elaborated on what seems to be down over 50%. Was it your open or click rates, email deliveries, the number of events being recorded within Klaviyo, revenue/conversions, or was it something else?

From my experience, after setting up your dedicated sending domain and verifying your domain, if you are seeing drops in either the number of opens, clicks or email deliveries, this can be caused by improper warming of your domain. To alleviate this, I would suggest following the steps outlined in our Guide to Warming Your Sending Infrastructure Help Center article. 

If you were seeing less events being synced to your Klaviyo account this can potentially be due to the new Shopify site you’ve connected actually having less events. We typically see this occurring if the site is newer and receives less traffic. This can also occur if you missed something when reconnecting the store such as a third party app you were previously connected with through your Shopify store. I’ve also seen instances where users forget to set up their viewed product, add to cart, or back in stock events again since switching to the new Shopify site which would impact the number of events being recorded.

If you were seeing less conversions being attributed to Klaviyo since the switch, this can be attributed to a variety of aspects including the two mentioned above. For example, because conversions are attributed in Klaviyo on a last interaction basis, improperly warming your domain may lead to to a lower deliverability of your emails causing a decrease in your open and click rates which would impact the number of conversions you receive. 

David

Thank you so much. Some of this sounds like exactly the issue we’re having. We will dig in!  

Hello @James2022,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I think it would help the Community understand your situation more if you elaborated on what seems to be down over 50%. Was it your open or click rates, email deliveries, the number of events being recorded within Klaviyo, revenue/conversions, or was it something else?

From my experience, after setting up your dedicated sending domain and verifying your domain, if you are seeing drops in either the number of opens, clicks or email deliveries, this can be caused by improper warming of your domain. To alleviate this, I would suggest following the steps outlined in our Guide to Warming Your Sending Infrastructure Help Center article. 

If you were seeing less events being synced to your Klaviyo account this can potentially be due to the new Shopify site you’ve connected actually having less events. We typically see this occurring if the site is newer and receives less traffic. This can also occur if you missed something when reconnecting the store such as a third party app you were previously connected with through your Shopify store. I’ve also seen instances where users forget to set up their viewed product, add to cart, or back in stock events again since switching to the new Shopify site which would impact the number of events being recorded.

If you were seeing less conversions being attributed to Klaviyo since the switch, this can be attributed to a variety of aspects including the two mentioned above. For example, because conversions are attributed in Klaviyo on a last interaction basis, improperly warming your domain may lead to to a lower deliverability of your emails causing a decrease in your open and click rates which would impact the number conversions you receive. 

David