Solved

Customer Events / Custom Pixel

• 26 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi All, 

Wondering if anyone has explored deploying customer events/Custom Pixel on shopify instead of the klaviyo onsite tracking code? 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/pixels/custom-pixels/code

Any guidance would be great :)

Cheers

Chris

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 29 December 2022, 18:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @chrisB and welcome back to the Community!

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to deploy a custom pixel on top of your Klaviyo integration, but it really depends on your individual use case. 

Would you be willing to share some more details about your use case and the nature of the prospective custom pixel?

Looking forward to hearing your response, and thanks for using the Community!

-Brian

Badge +2

Hi Brian, 

I think I would possibly need to turn installed tracking off but I believe there is an options to fire events via to app-pixels (if the developer has allowed) access. 

For a use case:

I am looking at the custom events allowed in Shopify, under the general assumption that klaviyo is hitting the same events API as this is. 

Really, I am trying to server-side the addtocart snippet. I figure that Shopify Event API would have more data than a browser pixel for addtocarts, which in turn would allow more data to come through to Klaviyo.

It also allow further deployment of custom events, and deploying them globally instead of in theme for custom events.

Cheers

Chris 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @chrisB!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this - since this sounds like it would be deployed on Shopify’s end, I’m not sure if there’s much directive guidance that can be offered from Klaviyo’s side. However, I’m eager to see if any other Community members have tried it!

Here’s the Developer Portal guide for custom events, if you haven’t already seen it:

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/custom_integration_faqs

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +2

Hey Brian,

sorry I didn’t see this, bf and Christmas and all that. 

thanks, let me dig into. I think it’s possible and should give overall cleaner data and lighter site weight. 

Hello, i'm also having the same problem.

Do you have any solution to push custom event klaviyo using shopify pixels?

I have been trying to find a solution unsuccessfully. Loading the onsite tracking through shopify custom Pixels results in an error