Solved

Filter profiles by email using contains

• 12 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We are currently trying to build our custom Klaviyo integration and are somehow stuck when presenting a user a search field to search for a specific Klaviyo profile. The API states that we should use Filtering on the `/profiles` endpoint to filter for a specific profile. However, when trying to filter by email one must only use the `equals` or `any` filter. This is somewhat impractical, as users do not often search by a full email address but rather by keywords they can remember. 

Is there anything we’re missing here which would allow us to do a wildcard search on the profile filter fields?   

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 13 January 2023, 01:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ocastx and welcome to the Community!

As far as I know, this is the current behavior for that endpoint. However, I will certainly double-check with Engineering to see if there is another way around this, and if there isn’t, I will submit a Product Request on your behalf.

Either way, I will update the thread when I learn more.

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte – did you get an answer yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ocastx!

It turns out that this is the expected behavior for this endpoint, but I will definitely create a Product Request on your behalf to have this functionality included, as I agree it would be a useful addition.

Best,

Brian