Solved

How to adjust Klaviyo's add to cart event code to work with Shopify discount apps?

• 27 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all!

I’ve been trying to work out what I need to do to get my discount figures into Klaviyo from my cart. 

The code I have implemented is the Snippet 1: For buttons without redirects, and while this does pull through other variables fine, it does not pull through any discount amounts.

I assume this is because we are using an app called Stackable Discounts which seems to add any discounts via js after the cart loads.

I’m not sure what solution here would allow us to get the discount value from Stackable through to Klaviyo.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Here’s our site: https://kippi.com.au/

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 28 February 2023, 22:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Cdoyle and welcome to the Community!

I think your intuition is correct in thinking that the third-party app is applying the discount after the Added to Cart event is captured by your code snippet. 

To that end, one solution might be to customize the Added to Cart event with some extra Javascript that would accept the discount generated by the third party app:

Custom integrations are typically beyond the scope of support/community, but you can always reach out to one of our wonderful Official Partners for supplemental development help. 

You could also accomplish a similar use case by using coupons like in these threads:

I hope this helps you get started, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian