Solved

Migrating from MailChimp to Klaviyo - help!

• 24 May 2023
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello all, 

I’m very new to Klaviyo, migrating from MailChimp has proven too much for me, ha ha! I wonder if you can help? 

Here’s what I’ve done: 

1. Integrated Klaviyo integration with Shopify
  2. Integrated MailChimp integration with Klaviyo
  3. Deleted MailChimp integration from Shopify
  4. Created a welcome flow for my ‘newsletter’ list on Klaviyo

And here’s what’s happened:

1. All my customers on my customer lists on Shopify are now showing as ‘unsubscribed’ from marketing. How can I revert this? 
  2. My ‘newsletter’ sign up forms (I use the ones on my Shopify theme) aren’t linking to my Klaviyo newsletter list. Any ideas as to how I can link my pop-up and newsletter segments on to Klaviyo? I use the Symmetry theme. 
  3. I have two lists on Klavio - one which looks to be a list integrated from MailChimp and a new ‘newsletter’ list. Am I able to combine these lists? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much : ) 

Alice 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 25 May 2023, 18:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Object_Story!

First of all, if you haven’t seen it - here’s our Help Center Article for Migrating to Klaviyo from Mailchimp:

Regarding the specific issues you highlighted:

1. For the “unsubscribed” issue, you may want to get in touch with Support, as the approach will depend on whether the users are supressed, or just unsubscribed from a specific list.

2. Did you create these sign-up forms in Mailchimp, or within Shopify?

If you created them in Mailchimp, you won’t be able to redirect them, but you can choose one of these options instead:
    • Use the Klaviyo sign-up form builder to re-create your forms from scratch
    • Use a third-party list growth tool that integrates with Klaviyo
    • Integrate your custom form through your ecommerce platform

If the sign-up form was created in Shopify, here’s a Community thread that explains some options in more detail:
  3. While there isn’t currently a way to combine two lists into a larger list, you can combine two lists into a segment, by creating a new segment with the following logic:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian