Solved

Need clarity for an integration: Shopify store + Shipstream + Klaviyo - SMS question

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi community,

Current Tech Stack: Shipstation + Shopify store (Shopify plan) + MailChimp

Moving to:

Target Tech Stack: Shipstream + Klaviyo + Shopify store (Shopify plan)

I am looking for an answer to a question - as I am stumped.

1. When we add SMS capability which platform sends the SMS - is it Klaviyo?  
  1. If Shipstream is full API - will this be a difficult integration or seamless integration?

Thanks,

Rahul

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 1 February 2023, 03:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

I am not sure about the Shipstream integration however as far as SMS notifications are concerned they will be sent by Klaviyo.

Badge +2

Thanks SeanMcC. 

I actually made an error on the shipping product name…. my bad.

Shipbridge is the software…..

Would the answer still be the same?

Thanks

Rahul

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @fidelityservices!

Just jumping in to provide a little more information that you might find helpful. @SeanMcC is totally right, if you activate SMS in your Klaviyo account and then design and send SMS campaigns or flows from there, the SMS messages will indeed be sent from Klaviyo. 

However, if you were using one of the platforms in your old stack to send SMS, you may find it helpful to read through our Help Center article, Migrating from another SMS provider to Klaviyo.

As far as your second point, the difficulty of a custom integration can vary greatly depending on how your business is oriented, and what your development capabilities are. I know that your previous platform, Shipstation, has a supported integration that is detailed in this Help Center article. I’m not aware of any supported integration with Shipbridge, so this will have to be a fully custom integration, which will likely be more involved and may need support from a developer. 

Here are some docs from our Developer Portal to help you get started:

Also, you’re always welcome to reach out to one of our official Klaviyo Partners for development help.

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Certainly! I can provide clarity  the same like ehsas kafalat program on integrating a Shopify store with Shipstream and Klaviyo for SMS marketing. Here's a breakdown of how these platforms can work together:

1. Shopify Store: This is your e-commerce platform where you sell products. It's the hub of your online business, where you manage inventory, customer orders, and more.

2. Shipstream: Shipstream is a shipping and fulfillment platform that helps streamline the shipping process for e-commerce businesses. It can help with tasks like managing orders, printing shipping labels, and tracking shipments.

3. Klaviyo: Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform that specializes in email and SMS marketing. It allows you to create targeted marketing campaigns, segment your customers, and send personalized messages.

Now, let's focus on the SMS integration:

1. Integrating Shopify and Shipstream:

• You can set up an integration between your Shopify store and Shipstream. This integration will allow Shipstream to automatically receive and process orders from your Shopify store.
  • Shipstream can generate shipping labels and manage the logistics of getting your products to your customers efficiently.

2. Integrating Shopify and Klaviyo:

• To integrate Shopify with Klaviyo, you can use the Klaviyo app available in the Shopify App Store.
  • This integration allows you to sync customer data, purchase history, and other relevant information from your Shopify store to Klaviyo.
  • You can use this data to create targeted email and SMS marketing campaigns within Klaviyo.

3. Integrating Klaviyo with SMS Services:

• Klaviyo provides the capability to send SMS messages to your customers as part of your marketing strategy.
  • To use SMS marketing in Klaviyo, you'll need to set up an SMS service provider (e.g., Twilio, Plivo) within Klaviyo.
  • Once your SMS service is connected to Klaviyo, you can create and automate SMS campaigns based on customer behavior, purchase history, and other triggers.

Here's how the flow might work:

1. A customer places an order on your Shopify store.
  2. Shipstream processes the order, generates a shipping label, and manages shipping.
  3. Customer data and order information are synced to Klaviyo through the Shopify integration.
  4. You use Klaviyo to create SMS marketing campaigns, which can be sent to customers based on their behavior, such as abandoned carts or post-purchase follow-ups.

Keep in mind that compliance with SMS marketing regulations (e.g., obtaining opt-in consent) is crucial to avoid legal issues when sending SMS messages to customers.

This integration allows you to have a seamless workflow from order processing and shipping through to targeted SMS marketing using the strengths of each platform.