Solved

Prestashop integration problems and questions

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I have installed the official Klaviyo prestashop module but I am facing some problems and also have some doubts:

1- It does nor sync API events: Added to Cart, Active on Site, or Viewed Product

2-Added to cart is not even created as event in klaviyo. It should be in API section according to the documentation)

3- Started checkout does not work:

image.png

4- Question; Should we use this script when using the module? I remember to read that is not necessary but maybe it complements some functions not working/addition to the module)

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/v1-2/docs/javascript-api

image.png

icon

Best answer by David To 9 May 2023, 17:48

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @lesielle!

Can you confirm that you’ve completed this step from the Prestashop Install Instructions?

After you’ve installed the module, click Configure. You will need to retrieve your Klaviyo public API key, as well as generate a private API key to set up the module.

In the Configure window, enter the public API key copied from your Klaviyo account into the Klaviyo Public API Key field. Then copy your Klaviyo private API key into the corresponding field.

You will have to do this for each store, and if it’s not done correctly it can result in lapses in tracking.

Also, do you have a multi-store environment and/or multi-lingual storefronts? These questions will help myself and other Community members obtain a better grasp on the issue. 

In the meantime, here is another thread I answered with further troubleshooting resources:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Hi, I'm also having the same problems, I don't get order statistics, etc. I don't have a multi-store and I have the latest version of the module v1.2.18. Do I need to add some script or type of code to the template or in some route? Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

hi @Brian Turcotte 

Yes, I have done all the steps.  My store is a multi-store environement.

Thanks!

@JavierJi there are some steps in addition to install the module. Follow them here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054551492

In my case I have some metrics, it is just, not all of them and also syncing problems

Regards

I have all that connected and synchronized, but it does not load statistics on the "dashboard". But I think it is not working well, I am attaching screenshots so you can check if something is wrong...

@lesielle@Brian Turcotte  thanks, regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am new in Klaviyo but I think it could be that the dashboard could be showing data related to the performance of the EMAILS, and the others are simply data from your store.

For example, Imagine you still did not send any email but your customers order anyway so in the dashboard (look that it says flows and campaigns) may appear zero.

Maybe it is an explanation for your case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @lesielle!

Would you be willing to send a screenshot of the API keys being saved in the PrestaShop module (with your private key redacted)? Sometimes the api key values disappear after attempting to save them or after saving the order mapping status values:

If they aren’t saved after checking again, the easiest resolution is simply to uninstall the module, reinstall it and then reconfigure api keys only at the individual shop scope.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

hi @Brian Turcotte 

Some updates:

• It seems activity on the site works, at least partially. Detecting some users. However, myself I am an user and it is not detecting it even if I am logged in PS with the very same email that I am registered in Klaviyo. It does not detect started checkout either.
  • I also solved my doubt about the script. YES, it is necessary to install the script even if we install the module, if not, it will not show for example pop ups

About your last message:

I followed your advice and now it saves the keys on each store. 

Actual situation. I still have the issues 1, 2 and 3 of my initial post :S

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lesielle,

Since you’re PrestaShop is a multi-store, can you confirm if you’ve set the Klaviyo Public / Private API Key settings to the store level (not the group level) and that there are no extra spaces surrounding the keys. 

In my experience, this is one of the most common issues related to a multi-store PrestaShop integration with Klaviyo when you don’t see any active on site, viewed product, and started checkout events. 

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • hi @David To 
    All is set up now at store level (that solved another problem that is not described here)
    No extra spaces

Right now someone from the tech team is helping me, I will update here.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have solved the checkout reporting issue.

It seems it does not work correctly in Multistore.

Change the line 655 to correctly select the URL of each multistore:

'baseUrl' => Tools::getHttpHost(true).__PS_BASE_URI__, 

Regards

I have solved the checkout reporting issue.

It seems it does not work correctly in Multistore.

Change the line 655 to correctly select the URL of each multistore:

'baseUrl' => Tools::getHttpHost(true).__PS_BASE_URI__, 

Regards

I changed this parameter but still “Started checkout” event donest work.

I dont know what to do…

(Its a multistore with configuration at shop level, every other metric is working fine)

Also I´ve noticed that there are two “started checkout” statusses in the metric dropdown at the dashboard.

Both of them trigerred from Prestashop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @HouseoftaraLon1 and @Pepe!

Are you by chance using the Lightspeed Cache module or Cloudflare module for Prestashop? 

Klaviyo events like Viewed Product, Added to Cart, and Started Checkout rely on additional Javascript files that are loaded from the Klaviyo module based on the website resource that the customer is viewing (i.e. a Product Page or the Checkout Page). The Lightspeed Cache module prevents these additional JS files from loading at the appropriate times, so this could be why these events are missing. If you are, you can try disabling these modules to confirm.

Best,

Brian

The rest of the events are registered.

Also as I mentioned the event Started Checkout is shown twice (or duplicated as you wish), in the dropdown of triggers.

I also switched off all caches and nothing… Still not working.

Case still open.

Thanks,

Pepe

Problem reated to a customer with hundreds of adresses, also the suggested code change is not needed.

Problem solved after deletion of those addreses.

Thanks,

Pepe