Solved

shopify klaviyo integration issue

• 12 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have been trying to connect my shopify account with klaviyo for a long while now, please help me out as I'm tired now and frustrated. The integration wasn't successful, and I have been trying it over and over again

icon

Best answer by retention 12 October 2021, 20:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jlush - welcome to the community!

I’m sorry you’re having challenges getting your Klaviyo account integrated with Shopify.  Can you describe some of the problems you’re running into?  

Integrating Klaviyo with Shopify should be a fairly straight-forward process.  For most Shopify merchants, you have to install the Klaviyo Shopify App, and configure a few Shopify Settings depending on what you want to do in the Integrations → Shopify → View Settings. This will then allow Klaviyo to pull all the basic Metrics from Shopify.

You can verify everything is working if you see results in the Recent Data panel like this:

Also, there’s a bunch of great starter documents here on Klaviyo if you need help:

I also have a step-by-step guide on using the Klaviyo Shopify App method here if you just want a quick guide with some screenshots along the way.

Let us know what problems you’re running into and I’m sure someone here or from Klaviyo will be happy to help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi there @jlush,

Checking in here to see if there were any specific error messages or pictures you can share with us so that we could better debug and understand your integration issue. @retention has done a great job outlining the guides and provided excellent documentation on the subject. Please follow up with any success or further errors that you may have so we can understand and help better.

Thank you!

Alex

Having a similar issue. The seemingly simple Intergration just isn't happening. Whenever I attempt to publish, I get this error:

I've u installed, reinstalled, checked the code & still not sure how to fix this. When I reached out for live support, I was told only paying subscribers have access to humans. I don't feel comfortable paying for a service I can't even set up 😕

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey there @niCoRob,

Happy to look into this for you and give some info on what might be going on.

I would suggest taking a look at your Organizational Contact Information to confirm that you are using the correct URL, since this is the field that we use to populate information in your templates (ie. anywhere you see {{ organization.URL }}).

Additionally, I would make sure you properly installed the Klaviyo.js to your site so that you can actually publish sign up forms. This is a key step.

As a side note, we do have documentation on Signup Form Troubleshooting that I recommend keeping around in case another error with forms appears!

Have a good day,

Alex

Awesome! Thanks for your speedy reply!

Checking the organizational contact now and I read in the documentation that the  Klaviyo.js is automatically installed when you add the app via Shopify, so you don’t need to manually add it to the code. This is the part I’m confused about as it doesn't seem to be installed and I don't know where to put it.

-niCo

Adam!

You are a lifesaver!!! I wanted the video in the link you shared and it worked!

THANK YOU!!!!!

-niCo

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Awesome! Thanks for your speedy reply!

Checking the organizational contact now and I read in the documentation that the  Klaviyo.js is automatically installed when you add the app via Shopify, so you don’t need to manually add it to the code. This is the part I’m confused about as it doesn't seem to be installed and I don't know where to put it.

-niCo

Hey there @niCoRob!

This can happen if you first integrated without checking the box to automatically add Klaviyo's onsite javascript, but then checked the box at a later date. It is indeed an automatic process, if selected. But it sounds like Adam from somewhere got your solution so thats great to hear!