Solved

Sync One WooCommerce Store to Two Klaviyo accounts?

• 28 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

I am part of a company that is currently offering D2C product sales via WooCommerce in multiple countries — but primarily the US and Australia (AU). For a number of reasons, including the fact that AU is sending email from a different domain (.com.au, while the US is .com), the two teams need different Klaviyo accounts. I’ve set this up and we now have a US Klaviyo instance and a AU instance (with shared billing and multi-account access).

That’s all working well. Now here’s the problem: all D2C sales globally are currently running through the WooCommerce store in AU (we will later set up a US store that’s a different instance, likely on Shopify, but that’s months away). So every order from the US is going through the AU Woo store and being shipped here. However, the AU Klaviyo account is connected via integration to the Woo store already, so I cannot also integrate the US Klaviyo account — apparently it’s 1:1, not 1:many. 

We’re running various promos from the US, and of course I need to track the usual — orders, abandoned cart, etc. Is there a way to do this without disturbing the Aussies, who also need to track the same sales and data? Effectively we need our Woo instance to mirror the same data to two Klaviyo accounts. It’s fine if their future customers end up in our database and vice versa, as it’s easy for each of us to filter out non-territorial customers. 

My questions:

• Any ideas how I can have two Klaviyo accounts sync to the same Woo instance?
  • If AU keeps the Woo integration, can I accomplish the same thing by without the integration but instead using a code snippet or API call? 

Appreciate your help and advice.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 30 January 2023, 17:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @wanderlust and welcome to the Community!

Although it’s theoretically possible to integrate two Klaviyo accounts with the same store (the opposite request is actually more common), it’s not recommended as Klaviyo is not optimized to support this behavior. Some of the many issues that could arise if you were to attempt this are:

• Metrics not aligning or mis-recorded
  • Users aren’t added to the correct list
  • Signup forms not displaying
  • Most importantly, profile/contact management issues

My colleague David discusses this more thoroughly in this thread:

If you still wanted to attempt the integration regardless, you could start by pasting the Klaviyo.js snippet on the second site, replacing PUBLIC_API_KEY with that Klaviyo account's 6 character Public API Key:

<script type="application/javascript" async
src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=PUBLIC_API_KEY"></script>

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian