Solved

Wrong profiles were pulled from Campaign Monitor

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

we are currently switching from Campaign Monitor to Klaviyo. We share our account in Campaign Monitor with our parent organization, but we use different lists. Their subscribers are not ours, and vice versa.

When integrationg Campaign Monitor with Klaviyo, I indicated specific lists IDs and chose to integrate only those lists. Yet, Klaviyo pulled over ALL PROFILES from campaign monitor. So, instead of 12,000 subscribers we have more than 44K subscribers!

First of all, it affects our billing and sending bandwidth. Secondly, these are not our subscribers. How can I remove them without touching our subscribers? Help!

icon

Best answer by Anna Orishchenko 6 December 2022, 22:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Anna Orishchenko ,

Wow that seems like a large send. It could be that something was not checked in the list transfer process.

If you would like to delete lists and remove profiles A Guide to List Cleaning and Bulk Delete Contacts will walk you through how to delete those contacts should you want to.

If your customers have been marked somehow to distinguish vs the ones you do not want, you can also create a segment to delete instead.

If you feel there has been an error with the account migration, I advise to contact support as well to check your integration accuracy.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +2

Thank you! That’s what I did: created a segment with all recently added profiles who were never active on our website. Deleted them all. Then integrated Campaign Monitor again: API key + specific lists IDs. And it’s grabbing everyone again. I will definitely contact support tomorrow. 
During my second integration attempt, I chose to recreate the same lists I point to with my lists IDs. Nothing had happened so far, but maybe it needs time to propagate.

Anyway, I’m wondering after I (successfully) bring the right subscribers over, and then we stop paying for Campaign Monitor as of December 31, 2022, should I remove integration? You see, our parent company will continue to use Campaign Monitor, it’s just only us who are departing to Klaviyo. So, the API key will exist and be active. And it might be bringing new people over, although they have nothing to do with our business. Probably, I will need to delete the integration once we are 100% moved to Klaviyo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Anna Orishchenko ,

Interesting. It could be a bug with how your integration is set up and pulling in data but I see you have an open support ticket and that would be the best avenue to dive into account specific problems.

After you successfully integrate and migrate your lists over, we recommend you remove the integration. That way it doesn't bring any more new data that could be tied to your parent company that is still using Campaign Monitor.

Have a good day,

Alex

Badge +2

Thanks, Alex! So, what I did after consulting with the support:

1. Deleted all subscribers and de-activated integration.
  2. Integrated again from scratch, using API key and lists IDs.
  3. Defined a segment with the wrong subscribers (in our case: People who have never been active on the website and do not reside in Canadian provinces).
  4. De-activated integration with Campaign Monitor.
  5. Deleted the segment with the wrong subscribers.
  6. Manually uploaded .csv files with our subscribers from Campaign Monitor, and every one of them got their recent CM activity appeared on their profiles.

Thanks for your input! Case closed! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Glad to hear @Anna Orishchenko ! Have a great rest of your day