Solved

Your credentials have expired Please re-authenticate with Shopify to resume syncing.

• 2 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Most of my Klaviyo clients I am staff on are showing this error in  Shopify Integration:

Your credentials have expiredPlease re-authenticate with Shopify to resume syncing.

icon

Best answer by David To 2 July 2021, 21:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @DarleenW,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

This can often times happen if the Shopify username or password has changed or updated or the permissions level has updated. To resolve this, I would recommend having the admin user of the Shopify account take the following steps:

1. Completely remove (not Disable) the Shopify integration in Klaviyo: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/shopify
  2. Log out of your Klaviyo account
  3. Fully clear the browser cache and close out of the browser
  4. Log back into your Klaviyo account via an incognito window
  5. Re-add Shopify from the All Integrations tab: https://www.klaviyo.com/integrations

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +4

Thanks however this is in all accounts I am staff member with Admin access. Not just random or few. 
but 50 and no password changes have occurred. 
most are Shopify but bigcommerce and WooCommerce also. 
is this due to something on my account or other reason ? I have not changed password either or made no other changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DarleenW,

This authentication requirement would be more so based on the backend credentials such as the Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce credentials. 

This sort of authentication error can also occur if a user who does not have the correct Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce permissions who also has access to the Klaviyo account attempt to update the integration settings. Klaviyo uses caches to ensure the correct credentials and permissions are making these changes. Therefore, if you logged into a separate Shopify account within the same browser and was accessing a Klaviyo account which uses a different Shopify credential and updated the settings, this would cause an authentication error as the Shopify credentials being cached at the time fo the update do not match those parsed within the Klaviyo integration. 

As such, whenever you are updating an integration’s settings, we highly recommend clearing the cache and fully closing out of the browser and/or making these Klaviyo integration updates through a brand new incognito browser. 

David

Badge +1

Hi David,

I followed your suggestion and fully cleared the browser cache including 700+ passwords. But it didn’t work… The same alert still appeared “Your Facebook Advertising integration is no longer syncing as expected”. So I just removed the FB integration in Klaviyo and reinstalled again. And it worked! I am not sure it’s necessary to clear your browser cache to nail this issue. It brought even more inconvenience to me:-(

TM

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @flyintherain,

Thanks for providing this update.

Hi David,

I followed your suggestion and fully cleared the browser cache including 700+ passwords. But it didn’t work… The same alert still appeared “Your Facebook Advertising integration is no longer syncing as expected”. So I just removed the FB integration in Klaviyo and reinstalled again. And it worked! I am not sure it’s necessary to clear your browser cache to nail this issue. It brought even more inconvenience to me:-(

TM

Apologies for the inconvenience that the cache clear caused but I am glad to hear removing the integration and re-installing worked for you. Depending on the issue, just removing and re-installing can resolve it or sometimes a cache clear is needed.

To avoid the trouble for any future readers, I’d recommend just trying to remove and re-install first, and if that does not work, then try clearing cookies and cache.

Dov