Solved

Zapier Double Optin Issue

• 24 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hey There,

I have a question regarding the single/double optin option when using Zapier. I am trying to create an email list with purchasers of a product.

My email list is set up as a Single Opt-In list, but Zapier recognizes the list as a double opt-in list and sends a confirmation email to the subscriber before adding them to the list.

I have found that this is an issue for some Zaps pushing information to Klaviyo, but not for others, even if they are referring to the exact same list within Klaviyo.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a good solution to this?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 25 August 2021, 00:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@emailguy - That’s strange, from what I can tell, the Double Opt-in or Single Opt-in is controlled at your List settings/preferences.  I believe Zapier uses the “Subscribe” Klaviyo API Endpoint which should respect your List configurations. 

In fact, Zapier states this in the sub-text of the Action Event. See here:

Are you sure you are adding users to the expected List with the correct settings?

Badge +2

Yes, I made sure to check that a few times. The part that is strange is that like I said it works for some zaps, but not for others, even if they are both referencing the exact same Klaviyo list. I wasn’t sure if others have had this issue or if it would be on Klaviyo side or Zapier side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @emailguy,

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for support on your Zapier integration. Happy to help.

With the updated Zapier V2 integration endpoint, the endpoint should automatically default to your Klaviyo list’s settings, like @retention shared above. Because this integration is created by Zapier and not by Klaviyo I would suggest double checking your Klaviyo integration set up in your Zapier account just to double check that every step has been completed correctly. Second, I would reach out to Zapier Support team from inside your Zapier account to have them help solve why the integration isn’t working consistently. 

I hope this helps get you on the right path to make the integration through Zapier work consistently for you! Thank you for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!