Solved

Abandoned Cart Flow - Sending to Cart not Checkout

• 12 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there,

We work with Klavyio and Shopify and I’m trying to work out abandoned cart emails.

Currently, the link sends abandoned carts to the Checkout, however we have complicated delivery options and they are bypassing the delivery widget.

Is there coding I can add to a button which sends people through to their cart/basket where they’d need to choose delivery options again through the app, rather than to checkout.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by David To 12 June 2023, 23:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @MFIC2023,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Instead of using the dynamic code to bring users back to their respective checkout page,

If your site supports it, you could link the button to your site’s generic cart page. For example something like MyWebsite.com/cart. This way, instead of users being brought to their respective checkout page, they’ll be brought back to their cart page. 

Keep in mind bringing users back to the generic cart page would not rebuild the cart if the user either cleared their cache/cookies or made changes to their cart. However, @retention offers a great strategy of using permalinks as an alternative in the thread below:

I hope this helps!

David