Skip to main content
Solved

Google Ads integration error

• 1 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I was trying to add Google Ads integration but encountered the following problem: the last step after choosing a Klaviyo List/Segment would be to choose (or create) Google Ads Audience.

I had nothing to choose so I tried to create but whatever I typed I got the message: 

We are unable to create the audience at this time. Please try again later.

I cannot get beyond this point. What could go wrong?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Sol Deli This could be a cookie error. Can you log into Klaviyo in an incognito window and try recreating the audience? Additionally, it sounds silly but, can you double check in your Integrations manager that Google Ads is enabled? 

Badge +2

Hey, thanks for the prompt reply!

>can you double check in your Integrations manager that Google Ads is enabled? 

Well, in fact I’m trying to get in enabled, that is the point, at the end of the process I am stuck.

Integration manager - you mean this one?

That is where I’m trying to add Google Ads….

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Sol Deli I see! Back in the Audience sync settings > Connections where you need to select an audience, make sure to type the new audience name in the search box and click + Create audience: [Audience Name].  If your audience was called “retargeting 2023” this is what it would look like:

Let me know if that works!

Badge +2

I tried to type all sorts of names, I got the same error message every time. 

Question: do I need to have an already set "audience" in Google Ads or I can just name it "Google Audience"?

I am not sure I set up any audience previously in Google Ads... 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Sol Deli Yes! You need to already have the audience set in Google Ads in order for it to sync properly. :)

Badge +2

Thank you Kaila, will try to set it up!

It just confused me that it offered me an option “create audience”, I though I can just create anything from scratch.

Cheers!