Skip to main content

Hello, we appear to be having problems with tracking parameters on our Shopify store

We recently sent an email which contained a discount code to a very small pool of people. In Klaviyo, I can see the profiles who opened the email, clicked a link in the email then made a purchase. However in Shopify, the conversion summaries for these orders are showing as ‘Direct to your store’

Does anyone have any advice as to why this is happening and how to resolve?

Hi @ChloeK

Thanks for being a part of our community! Since the data you are looking at is in Shopify, it’s bit tough to offer insights on that. 

Revenue/orders sourced from Klaviyo emails will often be included in the "Direct" category. 

We would also recommend that you use Klaviyo for all email attribution data. It appears that Shopify may only apply the Email as traffic referred source for Shopify only emails. At this time, we don't have a setting that will allow you to change this. 

However, I would recommend reaching out to Shopify for more clarification on how their analytics reporting works and if there have been any updates to this. I hope this helps!

~Chloe