Solved

Post Purchase Flow Integration on Shopify

• 10 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey everyone! I’m brand new to this so bare with me!

I built out my all my flows for our site. The last one I need to go live is the Post Purchase flow.

It’s 3 emails total over 6 days, super simple.

The trigger is order fulfilled and the first email is a “your shipments on the way.. etc” email.

My concern is customers getting duplicate emails, one from Klaviyo and one from Shopify saying “your order is on the way”.

How have people disabled the Shopify shipment confirmation email automation without having auto fulfill order on? If it auto fulfills, I can’t go back and purchase/print shipping labels.

Anyone have a quick solution?

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 10 January 2024, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @MattOlen 

I don't believe it's possible to switch off shipping confirmation emails in Shopify without first enabling "automatically fulfill order's line items".

The way I handle this is to let Shopify send the shipping confirmation email which contains details of the product(s) purchased. Then in a post-fulfillment Klaviyo flow (triggered from the fulfilled order event) I add a delay to allow for the product to have arrived with the customer (or close to that expected time) before the first post-fulfillment flow email is sent. The content of that email is more of a welcome/order thank you and highlights USPs/brand values etc. The subsequent flow emails tend to be informational, review requests, and cross-sell/upsell if the contact has opted-in.

A couple of considerations on this subject worth mentioning:

• Order confirmation and order shipped emails are transactional, therefore, you don't want the customer to be able to unsubscribe. Transactional emails sent by Shopify don't have an unsubscribe. However, Klaviyo must always have an unsubscribe unless you flag them as transactional and they are approved as such by Klaviyo. If any of your post-purchase flow emals contain non-transactional content they will be regarded as promotional marketing. More info here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003165732
  • You can use a Klaviyo template (that you an edit for your brand) to replace your transactional emails in Shopify if you want to keep things consistent across both platforms. You can find various Shopify transactional templates here https://www.klaviyo.com/templates/themed (and filter for Shopify). They contain the relevent tags to pull the order data from that Shopify.

Hope that helps.

Andy