Solved

Shopify Collection pages filter has stopped working

• 3 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello Klaviyo friends,

I am a newbie. I recently configured Klaviyo to my shopify store. The config seemed to went fine and my emails and pop-up form is working.  However, what has stopped working is the Product filtering I have on my site. This filtering was created using shopify Collection Pages and Tag List option. What I have noticed is that whenever I turn-off ‘Klaviyo Onsite Javascript’ from App Embeds in the shopify then the Product filters created with the Collection pages and Tag list starts to work again.

I should also mention that I installed Klaviyo on April 15, 2021.  But unfortunately did not do much with it until last week when I started to configure it. Klaviyo asked me to upgrade the app by selecting an upgrade button, I did that. I am wondering if I should delete Klaviyo completely and reinstall a fresh copy and then redo the whole config again?

I would be grateful if anyone here can provide insight as to what’s going on here and the best approach to fix this.  Thank you for reading this and for your v valuable time!

Best regards,

Alex

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 6 July 2023, 20:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @a786p!

May I ask if this had worked properly, and then suddenly stopped working? Or has this issue been present since the initial integration?

If you’re okay with it, I think a good course of action could be to remove and reinstall the Shopify integration:

1. Completely remove (not Disable) the Shopify integration in Klaviyo: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/shopify
  2. Log out of your Klaviyo account
  3. Fully clear the browser cache and close out of the browser
  4. Log back into your Klaviyo account via an incognito window
  5. Re-add Shopify from the All Integrations tab: https://www.klaviyo.com/integrations

If the issue still occurs after this process, we can investigate other possible causes.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte 

Thank you so much for such detail response, very much appreciated.  It was working fine before the Klaviyo configuration. It has not worked since I configured for email flows and pop-up form last week.

Thanks,

Akbar

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte 

I am trying to execute the 5 steps you have shared with me.  But unfortunately, when I click on the Remove Integration button, in step 1, I get the spinning circle for 1 second before it disappears and  this pop-up window which I have shared with you below, just stays there. I have tried few times and its the same result.  Should I try to uninstall Klaviyo from Shopify instead? 

Thank you again for your valuable time and guidance. 

Best regards,

Akbar 

Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte  sorry, I was able to get the Remove Integration working.  I signed back in again and it worked.  I will now go through remainder of the steps and inform here of any progress.  Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte,

I have followed all the 5 steps provided by you in your initial reply. Unfortunately, it did not work. I am still having the same issue. Do you think I should completely remove Klaviyo by closing the account and then reinstall?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you and best regards,

Akbar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @a786p!

My apologies for the delay here!

You definitely don’t need to close the Klaviyo account. If you are certain you’ve completely removed the Shopify integration from Klaviyo’s side, I would recommend going to Shopify and checking if the Klaviyo app is still installed in your Shopify admin view. If it is, I would completely remove it there as well and attempt to re-integrate after that. 

Klaviyo shouldn’t be interfering with your ability to filter products on your site, so if the issue persists, it may be helpful for you to include screenshots/videos (with any sensitive information redacted) to help us get a better understanding of the issue.

Thanks,

Brian

Badge +1

Thank you so much, @Brian Turcotte.  I will follow this and share here of any progress.