Recap discussion: [Interactive workshop] Strengthen customer relationships with birthday flows in Klaviyo (for entrepreneurs)

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you for attending today’s session, [Interactive workshop] Strengthen customer relationships with birthday flows in Klaviyo (for entrepreneurs). 

You can view the replay of this training below: 

There was a technical issue during the flow build demo, so please view this supplemental video for guidance building and structuring your flow. Note: you need to have at least one birthdate property in your Klaviyo account, in order for the birthday trigger to appear in the flow builder. You can manually add a birthday to your profile in your Klaviyo account. Those instructions are explained in the supplemental video. When you input a custom birthday property manually, the date needs to be written MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD. If there are any questions about this, leave your comments below, and I will get back to you! 

In this training, we did the following: 

• Created a signup form collecting customer birthdays
  • Built a birthday property-triggered flow
  • Reviewed best practices for birthday flows
  • Shared some creative birthday messages for inspiration

You can find some helpful resources below. 

Klaviyo Blog: 

Klaviyo Help Center: 

Klaviyo Academy:

Information on creating coupons: 

Share your tips, tricks, and any successful birthday message strategies below! 

Happy sending, 

Emily 

1 reply

Badge

Hi Emily, 

Thank you so much for this recording it was very helpful. I have come across an issue though however. I already had a email sign-up pop-up so used the step of adding in a birthday addition. However when I went to publish it, it says that there is an alert as I need to select a list for button - your form needs a list visitors can subscribe to. (the one on the birthday add on). However, when I go to edit the block there is not a ‘list to submit’ section. 

Please help, I have added pictures of my dilemma to help explain.