Solved

2 email addresses in one profile

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

There are often two customers related to our business, the adult child and their parent.  The adult child may be the one that makes the purchase and has the product shipped to their parent. That means the name and email address in the profile is for the adult child but their parent is the end user and who our informational email messages are geared toward.  Is it possible to have more than one email address and name under one profile so they both receive the emails? If not, when we do get an email address for the end user, which is rare, do we need to manually set up a new profile for them and create a work around to trigger the email flow for them?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 26 August 2022, 21:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

That’s a very unique situation.  A community member asked a similar question a couple months ago here:

@Omar mentioned a solution working with profile tags to somehow link them.  I’ve never come across this before, but perhaps he can help out. 

Badge +5

That sounds like it’s the same email address for two people. I have two people and two email addresses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Ahh, shoot, I read that wrong.  My bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jhall,

Klaviyo treats profiles as a 1 email per profile basis. So I think it would be best to find a way to collect these emails through a form or stored as a property from the initial order and then create a new profile if needed.

Badge +5

@alex.hong  Thank you for the feedback. How would you recommend the property be set up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jhall ,

I am not sure of the process a customer goes through on your business, but you could create a text block form at the end to collect the second email and store it as a profile property. Here are some articles related as well:

This way, the main profile and email that begins the customer purchase process will be the main profile email but you can still create flows or use data based on the custom property of “second email”