Solved

Can you make all flows add people to the main list?

• 18 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi all, 

I’m not sure if this happens automatically, but if not, is there a way to make all flows push people onto the main list? 

I’m imagining it as a step in all the flows (“add email to main list”), but I’m very green at all this, so I don’t do if that do-able or not. I thought it might be something to do with the “webhook”, but after reading more, I think that’s something else.

Apologies for a potentially stupid question… I’m new to all this! 

icon

Best answer by David To 19 September 2022, 22:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Wmorris2468, welcome to the community.. and there’s no stupid questions here.

Another community member had a similar idea (I can’t find the thread), but people can’t be added to a list from a flow action.  They either have to opt-in from a form or manually entered. 

Curious, these people in this flow, where are they coming from (ie. how are they getting into the flow)?

Badge +3

Hey @Wmorris2468, welcome to the community.. and there’s no stupid questions here.

Another community member had a similar idea (I can’t find the thread), but people can’t be added to a list from a flow action.  They either have to opt-in from a form or manually entered. 

Curious, these people in this flow, where are they coming from (ie. how are they getting into the flow)?

Thank you, Manny! :) 

To respond to your question - This is for a menswear brand, and as an example, on sold out products, we provide a “Notify me when back in stock” option. The customer provides an email, and enters our ‘back in stock’ flow (but I don’t think that anything would place them in the main list from this?).

So, it sounds like I need to periodically copy the emails from a segment like above, and paste them into the main list? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Wmorris2468,

Sounds like you may have missed the Optional: Prompt Customers to Opt-In to Marketing subsection in our How to Install Back in Stock for Shopify Help Center article. One of the great things about our back in stock features, is that it allows customers to be added to a list during the same signup process! 

You’ll just need to make a small adjustment to the back in stock code in the "klaviyo.init" section.

David

Badge +3

Hey @Wmorris2468,

Sounds like you may have missed the Optional: Prompt Customers to Opt-In to Marketing subsection in our How to Install Back in Stock for Shopify Help Center article. One of the great things about our back in stock features, is that it allows customers to be added to a list during the same signup process! 

You’ll just need to make a small adjustment to the back in stock code in the "klaviyo.init" section.

David

Thanks David. 

I should perhaps have mentioned that we’re working with a custom backend, rather than Shopify, so I think it’s a bit different (though I could certainly be wrong!). 

We’ll figure something out, but thanks again for your comment.