Solved

EU consent Segmentation

• 26 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all, I am trying to create an EU segment as suggested by this article. I can’t find the ‘$consent’ under Properties about someone. Has this been changed to something else that will mean the same thing? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 28 March 2022, 17:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JeromeNg

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question! 

Yes, great job referencing the Guide to Collecting GDPR Compliant Consent article, it will be very helpful staying above board when marketing to users in the EU. I can confirm that this hasn’t been changed and still should show consent as the $consent property. However, this field will first show up as an option in a segment once the form collecting this $consent information has been filled out. Similar to how you will not see a metric display in the Analytics tab until it is triggered, you will not see this property display as an option until it is triggered via someone filling out the form. 

Can you confirm that your form has been turned to ‘Live’ and at least one user has submitted your form. If for instance you have not turned this form live yet, or you have not officially launched your website, there is no user to fill out said form yet so the property hasn’t been created in your account. Once a user fills out this form, this property should be available for you segment from. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thank you very much Taylor! Yea I have not launch my website yet so that’s why. Will look out for it when everything goes Live! 

Jerome