Solved

HELP cant see my profiles in lists

• 25 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi there

I have recently opened up a klayvio account to begin setting up my email marketing campaigns however im little bamboozled in the fact that i have around 20 contacts that have subscribed to my newsletter as i have not opened the website yet but the profiles seem to show in klayvio profiles section and not in any of the lists or segments section.

This has confused me as i would expect them to migrate automatically ive looked all round the software but i keep coming back to i may have to upload manually but surely that can not be the solution? Help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Lance 

icon

Best answer by caroline 2 March 2021, 15:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this experience in the Community!

Is there any other info you can provide that might help me and/or others in the Community evaluate what the issue might be? Is the issue that you are unexpectedly seeing opted-in profiles in your Klaviyo account, or is the issue that these profiles are unexpectedly not appearing in segments? Can you provide the definitions of the segments that you are expecting these profiles to show up in?

The following Help Center articles may be helpful to you:

Guide to Creating Segments 

Understanding Who Is in Your Account

Guide to Profiles in Klaviyo

Hope this helps!

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

Hi Caroline 

the issue is that the contacts are feeding from my sign up newsletter button from my shopify store but just showing in profiles in klayvio and not in any lists? arent they supposed to show in there automatically or do i have to create a spreadsheet and add manually even though they show as profiles in klayvio? its really confusing me… thanks for your help.

kind regards

Lance

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

I would recommend reading our Help Center article, “Guide to Profiles in Klaviyo.” Your profiles would automatically show in a list if that list is connected to your newsletter signup form in Shopify. If the profiles are just coming from people who have been cookied on your site, I wouldn’t expect them to appear in a list or segment unless you have set up a segment to include those people.

You might also find the “Sync Your Shopify Newsletter Subscribers to a Klaviyo List” section of our Shopify integration guide helpful.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

I’m having the same issue too!

Some of my customers who agreed to subscribe upon placing order. Some of them are not being automatically put in Klaviyo’s mailing list.

I don’t understand why some profiles are being automatically added and others not.

Can someone help???

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @TBW,

Thanks for writing in!

Another reason why active profiles may appear in Klaviyo but may not necessarily be on the list is due to double opt-in. It is recommended to keep this feature enabled but you could see some of the behavior you are describing because of it. Double opt-in is a feature meant to protect your main mailing list so that it is comprised of legitimate email addresses (helping to reduce elevated bounces, unsubscribes, and spam complaints).

If double opt-in is enabled for the list that you are routing your signup form subscribers to, those subscribers need to confirm their email address after subscribing through the signup form. If they do not confirm their email address they will still display as an active profile in your account but they will not be added to your main mailing list. 

I hope this helps!

Julie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @TBW,

Contacts who agree to subscribe to your newsletter through the accepts marketing checkout process would only be added to your list when they have fully completed their order. Contacts who abandon their cart, for example, despite checking off the accepts marketing checkbox, would not be added to the list. The combination of accepts marketing at checkout and completing the order is considered consent to be added to the list; while abandoning the cart would not be.

I would also take a look at some similar Community post, such as the ones below, to see if the solutions provided in them were also able to help you in resolving your issue:

Hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi Julie,

many thanks for your response.

I DO have the double opt-in turned on at checkout.

How do I know if these customers are given the chance to confirm their email address? Is the “welcome series” flow automatically being sent to all of them? If so, how do I know it’s gone out to them? - I’ve checked the “messages” tab on these profiles and the page is empty with a message saying “there are no emails here”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @TBW,

Just for some clarification, contacts who decide to opt-in at checkout would not be sent the double opt-in confirmation email.

As mentioned in my previous post above, only contacts who accepts marketing at checkout and complete their purchase would be added to your designated list. If you have a welcome series flow triggered off of this list, then contacts who accept marketing and complete their purchase would be added to the list and trigger this flow. 

You can check to see if your flow is sending to these profiles through the flow’s own analytics. I would recommend taking a look at the Flow Analytics article which can guide you in reviewing these analytics and to locate those contacts who have already received the flow email, who opened or clicked the email, and who were skipped from this flow for any specific reason. 

David