Solved

How to create an unsubscribe segment to clean my contacts (sunset flow)?

• 9 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Active Contributor I
  • 15 replies

Hey! I feel like this is such a silly Q, but I am going to ask it anyway. I have a sunset flow set up for my unengaged people.

But what I want to accomplish is suppressing those that unsubscribed. So I made a segment where my criteria is as follows:

I feel like this is not correct...but maybe it is? Please help, homegirl just trying to clean her account up.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 9 September 2022, 21:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Vbeebs,

Thanks for sharing this. There are no silly questions in the community! I guarantee there are others wondering the same thing - so we’re glad you asked!

Assuming you’re following our Creating a Sunset Flow guide - that segment you set up is on the right track. It captures all of the users who have reached the end of the flow. In other words, those who have not engaged in quite some time.

We recommend adding a few additional criteria to that suppression segment definition to verify that indeed these users haven’t clicked or opened an email between the time they finished the flow and the time you decide to suppress the users (you can find that definition in that same article here). I’m also going to post a screenshot of that suppression segment below:

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks so much! Greatly appreciate this!

Hello!

I’ would like to clean some non active profile, in particular the one that have in the “profile summary” the red flag with “profile cannot receive email marketing”.  I have create this segment, but I think is not correct. How could I do?

Thank you all so much for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Francesca Pozzobon,

If you were trying to create a segment capturing users with a red indicator meaning that the profile cannot receive email marketing, then you’re segment would be correct!

The red indicator symbolizes that the profile may have opted out of marketing. This also means that they are suppressed either from unsubscribing or were manually suppressed.

David