Solved

How to download a list of phone numbers if some were already downloaded before and now they are duplicates?

• 4 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi!

I have been trying to download a list of phone numbers that are subscribed to our notifications. I downloaded the csv list to see how many active numbers are there.

Then i have decided to devide the initial list in random groups of 1K of phone numbers to send them sms.

But when i started downloading those groups og 1K it didnt download and just said there duplicates that can't be uploaded to the new lists.

Now I have deleted the initial list and cant upload any numbers anymore because of duplicates.

How do i create lists of 1K phone numbers thet were already in the database but i cant downloan them now? Problem is I cant even do the segmentation, because phone number is all i have.

icon

Best answer by David To 7 August 2023, 16:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Manuki,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Personally, I find creating a segment with the definition of “If someone is or is not consented to receive SMS, Person is consented to receive SMS” the easiest way to identify everyone in an account who has subscribed to SMS. 

I think it would also be helpful for other to understand your situation more if you could provide more clarification. 

When you say “just said there duplicates that can't be uploaded to the new lists.” and “cant upload any numbers anymore because of duplicates.”, what error messaging are you getting? Typically, a duplicate profile wouldn’t prevent the file to not be imported. Instead, the file will still be imported, but the duplicate profiles will be skipped. 

I would also encourage you to take a look at our Troubleshooting list imports Help Center article which highlights some of the most common error messages and how to resolve them when importing a list. 

I hope this helps!

David