Solved

Is there a way to customise Klaviyo's default source properties?

• 19 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’d like to track activity from different signup methods and I want the source properties to be very clear and straightforward in the List Growth report. I’m wondering if it’s possible to customise Klaviyo’s default source properties. Example: API, Manually Initiated and Facebook Lead Ad. Can I update them to something else? 

Thanks,

Maria 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 19 January 2022, 17:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Meduardamay

Welcome to the Community! We are so happy you’re here. 

Unfortunately, those default source properties cannot be changed or updated in any way! I’m sorry if this poses an inconvenience to your List Growth report! 

Thank you for participating in the Community, 

Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@Meduardamay - I think what you’re saying is you want to have different “source” values as opposed to changing the columns or fields in the Growth Report.  The default values can’t be changed for “Facebook Lead Ad” or “Manually Initiated” or when no source is defined “API.”  There’s actually a reference here in Klaviyo that lists out all the default values here:

However, in the scenario of API - some third party vendors (or if done with your own internal tools via the API), you can set the $source value as an additional parameter.  Setting the $source value will then be properly presented in the Growth Report with their respective values.  Check with your 3rd party app documentation to see if you can set hidden values to define your $source value when the profile or subscriber is added to Klaviyo.  If you are adding the profiles with your own internal code, then define the $source value and you should be set!

Here’s some other info that might be helpful:

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Thanks for catching that @retention and for shedding some more light on this topic! I know this was exactly what your fellow user needed!

-Taylor