Solved

Klaviyo list is not collecting the profiles

• 31 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

So Iam trying for hours to integrate my shopify to my klaviyo account and I have integrated it and it works and I also enabled the settings and everything in order to collect the emails from shopify, but the problem is Iam using a third party theme not the ones from shopify itself. I tried to look up some information on the community site and so on, but with no sucsess. PLEASE help me to integrate my klaviyo account with my third party theme (Debutify), I have read that I have to insert a particular code or something, in order to work properly, buts its already there. Dont miss understand me it is working because I can see that klaviyo is creating profiles for my customer emails that sign up from my newsletter of the website and so on, but klaviyo doesnt know where to put them in, in wich list and i have already enabled that in the setting that klaviyo should take the profiles to my newsletter list, but its still not working. I have also added the different tags in my third party theme newsletter section and I also reached out to my theme developer, and the problem is still not solved, every time when someone signs up to my newsletter section, they will be added just to my profiles, but not not my list for example newsletter list.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 1 February 2022, 01:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @NECKO,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the well described post.

Keep in mind that a confirmation email is sent after submitting the form, and subscribers are not immediately added to the list. Only after they click the link in that message is the profile added to the list as cited in this doc.

Your theme's default signup forms must also apply the Newsletter tag to new subscribers in order for Klaviyo to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list. Contact your theme developer, or if you're comfortable editing your theme's source code, add the following hidden input tag to your form's input group:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"

Can I ask what steps your theme developer has taken or what troubleshooting methods they tried?

Lastly, I would also ask them to check for multiple instances of the klaviyo.js snippet installed on your site as this can sometimes be an issue that arises.

Thanks!
Alex