Solved

Location segment not picking up any profiles

• 6 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi, I've created a segment to pick up AUS and NZ country profiles. 

Properties about someone > country > equals > Australia 

Properties about someone > country > equals > New Zealand

I have about 500 profiles that fit this but the segment isn't pulling anyone in…

Do I have to wait a while or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Dov 7 January 2022, 16:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Bec,

Thank you for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

If the segment “loading” bar is still doing its thing, then simply waiting may be the solution here. Otherwise, if the segment is completed loading and is still yielding 0 members, my first thought is that perhaps you are using an “AND” connector between these criteria, which would require that both conditions are met. Since country cannot be both Austarlia AND New Zealand, that would yield 0 results. So first I would ensure you are using an OR connector where someone only has to meet one of the joined conditions in order to be added to the segment i.e. in New Zealand OR Australia.

If you notice after making that change that some but not all recipients are showing up in the segment, it could very well be the case that you have country set as other versions or abbreviations of Australia or New Zealand. For example, AU or NZ, or lowercase like australia or new zealand etc.

When you are building your definition, first scan for any other versions of these country names and then “bake them” all into your segment definition using “OR” separators. Here’s an example using State/Region:

I hope that helps!

Badge +2

Thank you Dov - that worked! I had AND between the two conditions!